What can I expect with my power level and Toyo R888's at the strip?

ModMike1572

Established Member
I have a 2.3 TVS, just over 600rwhp. Pretty much stock suspension, just lowering springs only. Full weight, T56, etc...

Will be running on my 315 Toyo R888's (17x10.5 rep).

Will cutting a respectable 60' be that difficult? My buddy (who has a grand national that runs 9's at over 140), said the 60ft will hurt me the most, and that I will probabely have trouble getting out of the 12's. Eesh.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
I'm not sure how good the R888's are at the strip, but if you can't get out of the 12s you have issues. I'd personally suggest a better tire for the strip, but I'm sure you already knew that. Good luck!

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I don't see why you wouldn't be able to get into the mid 11's assuming you have a decent clutch and 26 spline that can take a decent launch, oh and a diff brace.

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
If you are still running the 10 spline input shaft and stock suspension you are just asking for something to break if you plan on launching too hard. Do you have a diff brace? What kind of clutch? The r888 will hook up well but will put a big shock to all the weak points (input shaft, half shafts, rear diff).

ModMike1572

Established Member
If you are still running the 10 spline input shaft and stock suspension you are just asking for something to break if you plan on launching too hard. Do you have a diff brace? What kind of clutch? The r888 will hook up well but will put a big shock to all the weak points (input shaft, half shafts, rear diff).

No diff brace, 10 spline, stock clutch.. stock suspension. I wasnt really planning on launching too hard either though.

gabe1530

Banned
eeek, i wouldnt even launch it then. just roll off the line, its not worth breaking anything.
r888's are not a good drag tire at all. the sidewall is too small and they are much stiffer than drag radials.

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
No diff brace, 10 spline, stock clutch.. stock suspension. I wasnt really planning on launching too hard either though.

I would at least look into getting a diff brace before you go. That is one of the first mods that people do to these cars. Also you will probably be looking for a new clutch after you go to the track. Leaving the line you'll have to slip the clutch slowly (so you dont get wheel hop or smoke the tires) and with that tvs and 600 hp you will get it hot and burn it up. 600 is about the limit on the stock clutch and thats just normal driving.

Anyways best of luck

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I would at least look into getting a diff brace before you go. That is one of the first mods that people do to these cars. Also you will probably be looking for a new clutch after you go to the track. Leaving the line you'll have to slip the clutch slowly (so you dont get wheel hop or smoke the tires) and with that tvs and 600 hp you will get it hot and burn it up. 600 is about the limit on the stock clutch and thats just normal driving.

Anyways best of luck

+1

I think you can go have fun and run it a couple times and should be fine...but I wouldn't hot lap the car for sure. Long cool down between runs, lift shift it. Save up for an rxt or other clutch because chances are the stocker is on borrowed time now

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd go a step further and add a LPW or Ford Racing diff cover along with ftbr diff bushings. I have zero wheel hop with this simple combo.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Yeah that's really asking for trouble with a stiff sidewall tire like that, even if you roll off the line and punch it that's a lot of torque that's going to grab really hard all at once.. I'd be nervous.

masterjr33

Established Member
google pictures of blown up irs pumpkins. then decide. braces are cheap. covers are better.
just dont want you to join the " i blew out my rear diff" club.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
i was able to pull a wicked 2.2 60ft with a pullied cobra on r888's 315/18. they dont hook at the track, i ditched them for m&h's

ModMike1572

Established Member
Ya im not gunna chance it, im enjoying cruising on the street with it, dont want it to sit for months broken.

I'll make plans for the clutch, 26 spline, ftbr kit, and the ford racing diff cover before i go..

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
Ya im not gunna chance it, im enjoying cruising on the street with it, dont want it to sit for months broken.

I'll make plans for the clutch, 26 spline, ftbr kit, and the ford racing diff cover before i go..

Look into full length subframe connectors as well

svt4.6snake

The weather man said theres a light chance of snow
Established Member
I'd be interested do in the results also , I have same tires but no track time yet.

Users who are viewing this thread