what can I expect to pay?

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
My wife has been bugging me for a Raptor but it's just not going to happen, soooo, I figure the next best thing would be a Lightning. We prefer the 03/04 trucks but not sure what a decent ballpark figure should be. Any help would be appreciated as I have seen them anywhere from $12k-$20k. Thanks.

2000gator

Established Member
Thats a good ballpark. Usually the low mileage and well modded ones are between 15 and 20k. Doubt you'll find what you are looking for in a 03/04 for under 15k though.

slingshot

Established Member
I've got nothing to hide... Just took delivery of a one owner, mint condition, 42k mile Sonic Blue '04. Was exactly what I was looking for--never wrecked, non-smoker, stock motor with some nice extras including a Gaylord's Speedstur bed cover and Bedrug. See sig. $18500. Some will definitely say I paid too much, I think it was a very fair deal.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
I bought a almost stock, just cold air kit, 03 Sonic Blue with under 80K miles. Looked mint. Paid 12K for it. Just shop around cause you'll find one people have to sale it or just tired of it and want it gone.

Jroc

Established Member
I payed $12,995 for my 03 back in 03/10 with less than 90K miles on it.

The 03/04's defiantly command the most money, but they are also the best developed overall Gen2 L's. They use beefier leafs and are rated to haul 1,400 lbs as opposed to 800 lbs for the 99-02's which is one of the main reasons I sourced out a good 03/04 when I was looking for mine. I actually like to work my truck.

Users who are viewing this thread