What can I delete with a tune??? (EGR, ect.)

NOVA98Cobra

Street Defiers
Established Member
Hey guys. I am in the process of getting rid of everything the car does not need to drive so what of these things can I delete with a tune? I know it all has to do with the EGR and crank case ventilation so with a tune and putting breathers on both valve covers what can I take off for good? After removal I will be welding the holes and trailering the car straight to a tuner.
307nvjd.jpg

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
depends on your state and how many moniters you are allowed to not have ready. Things that can be possibly removed are egr, smog pump, cats, evap, IMRCs, and pcv.

CJK440

Established Member
depends on your state and how many moniters you are allowed to not have ready. Things that can be possibly removed are egr, smog pump, cats, evap, IMRCs, and pcv.

When turned off in the tune will it show a monitor not ready or just won't report?

Sent from my whiz bang pocket computer.

NOVA98Cobra

Street Defiers
Established Member
Again for my application it's a track whore so the codes don't matter as I don't have a stock cluster or dash. But regardless when a good tuner get ahold of your cars get computer will act like those items never existed.

Goindeafonmtx

Established Member
Delete all of it, except of course the Idle Air Control. I'll see if I can dig up a pic on mine.

edit: Well shit. I can find them on my photobucket. I'll take one with my phone and post it up later.

Delete the secondary air injection bullshit too. It will give you move space in front of the engine and in the fender well.

Last edited:

NOVA98Cobra

Street Defiers
Established Member
Delete all of it, except of course the Idle Air Control. I'll see if I can dig up a pic on mine.

edit: Well shit. I can find them on my photobucket. I'll take one with my phone and post it up later.

Delete the secondary air injection bullshit too. It will give you move space in front of the engine and in the fender well.

Thank you that was the response and reassurance I wanted. Pics of what I can delete would be great: so 1-7 up there adde from the IAC I can trash to all right?

ia96svt

Established Member
i deleted all of mine except for the iac as well and i agree with who ever said get rid of the secondary air injection. its junk and weights a lot more then you think when all taken out. and number 4 should be egr flow sensor with a tune it can be taken off

Murder Snake

SnakeBT
Established Member
i deleted all of mine except for the iac as well and i agree with who ever said get rid of the secondary air injection. its junk and weights a lot more then you think when all taken out. and number 4 should be egr flow sensor with a tune it can be taken off

where it that (secondary air injection) specifically and what does it look like. thanx.

Last edited:

96S/Cobra

Established Member
where it that (secondary air injection) specifically and what does it look like. thanx.

The sai is a black pump located in the passenger side fender. It will have a few tubes coming off of it.

Here's a pic of my intake. I cut off the items I wasn't going to use, welded up the holes, and a bit of powdercoat later you would never know something was ever there.

P1150058.jpg

NOVA98Cobra

Street Defiers
Established Member
Also this box with a cable coming out and a slot for a harness is in my driver side fender well, but it is not plugged in and the car still runs. What the hell does it do? the cable goes to the throttle body.
73f1vt.jpg
72qgkn.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread