What Cams would you reccomend

Turbo96'Cobra

Mongoose Hunter
Established Member
Just bought a KB 2.8h and have full exhaust, while the motor was out I was going to possiablely do cams.

The car is 60% track and 40% street and will be on a 18psi street or max street kb suggested and 24psi track.

I will not be porting my heads, But I want a cam that will help me gain power through the entire power band. I want to know if that would be a crower stage 2 or 3 cam and which one cam specificly. Or if there is another cam you would suggest?

I dont want to sacrifice max power for entire power band power.

Last edited:

evolve

Established Member
None personally. Reviews from other members are positive. There are no side by sides unfortunately, so it will be difficult to find a single "best" set. Be sure to post results!! If you want to save a few $$, advance your intake cam about 4 degrees or buy a set of '98 cams. Should net some hp and not cost an arm and leg. Look it up, there is a post about both here somewhere.

Last edited:

Turbo96'Cobra

Mongoose Hunter
Established Member
Would you guys know what the gains are on the crower stage 2's or comp stage 2's? and if they are a constent power band gain cam?

Turbo96'Cobra

Mongoose Hunter
Established Member
What is the deal on the 96-98 cobra cams? I know a friend that has a set laying around I have read through the svt achrieves that it isnt a bad cam upgrade, why is that? More aggresive? and what power can be gained by running these cams?

Last edited:

Emwun Garand

Established Member
Cams are such a pain in the ass. Make sure you pick exactly what you want before you install them.

Myself, I went with a somewhat mild cam compared to some of the "Stage 3" shit out there, but they were tailor made for ported heads.

With ported heads, my cams, and longtubes, I picked up 76rwhp and didn't lose any boost on an unported Eaton.

Turbo96'Cobra

Mongoose Hunter
Established Member
Cams are such a pain in the ass. Make sure you pick exactly what you want before you install them.

Myself, I went with a somewhat mild cam compared to some of the "Stage 3" shit out there, but they were tailor made for ported heads.

With ported heads, my cams, and longtubes, I picked up 76rwhp and didn't lose any boost on an unported Eaton.

Wow thats impressive what cam did you choose and what were the specs? if you dont want to share can you pm. :beer:

Hangman

Modding is Expensive
Established Member
whats wrong with stage 3's? I DD mine and the car idles and drives perfectly?

MMR custom grind comp cams here

GodStang

Established Member
I would not even bother with stage iis. Custom cams hands down the best designed for your exact setup. OTS cams comp stage IIIs or Crower IIIs will do well on the streets.

03Steve

Established Member
I run Comp Stage 2 cams. Like em a lot. Bumpy-ness depends on the centerlines at where they are installed:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJKLW1nv_ZM"]Cobra Comp Cams Stage 2 106360 - YouTube[/nomedia]

Custom on 4V combos isn't as critical as non-4V combos, as the centerlines (LSA) are infinitely adjustable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread