what brand of torque converter is this???

Rook

Established Member
100_0710.jpg

100_0713.jpg

I bought this from a member and was supposed to be a PI 2400 stall converter. i want to find out what it is before i say something. i called PI and numbers didnt match up.
NUMBERS on torque converter-trl

Zak Attack

Huge Member
Established Member
Well the PI's are Pink....that sucks. I hate to see this happen bro, have you tried PM's and phone calls? Might want to post this around the other sites to. Maybe someone can give him a call that he will answer.

Last edited:

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Thats some Bull$hit,
Thats no PI, maybe a cricle D.
What happened to the one stud?
Give me a call. Did Brian install a new torque converter with your new BTS trans?

Rook

Established Member
i got the torque converter about 8 months ago and never payed much attention to it and got it installed. i bought it from chuxsvt. i went to brian truck shop last month and when he pulled it out and the first thing he said to me is that i was gonna have to buy another torque converter. now i cant get chuxsvt to give me a call. i text him that day and he said he bought it directly from them and brian didnt know what he was looking at and he was the expert. what a joke. i will never buy used parts again in my life.

RyanR

Established Member

Rook I think Godmachine is on the right trail. I'd call TCI, it does have the right part number. From the pics you sent me yesterday and these on here, it looks like a pos converter with the rattle can mod. :nono: Need to get ahold of this guy and see what he says, if you can ever get him to answer. Might even put on the other forums and get ahold of the moderators for help also.

RyanR

chrisheltra

Established Member
Chux used to be on here all the damn time I wounder what happened to him.

That does look like a shit up converter though. I would have never bought a part like this that was used over the internet. Like they always say "Buyer beware"

Rook

Established Member

That does look like a shit up converter though. I would have never bought a part like this that was used over the internet. Like they always say "Buyer beware"[/QUOT

maybe we should take the market off the sites and leave it to ebay.

chrisheltra

Established Member

That does look like a shit up converter though. I would have never bought a part like this that was used over the internet. Like they always say "Buyer beware"

maybe we should take the market off the sites and leave it to ebay.

You can suggest that to SID297

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member

When he bought the torque converter from another Lightning brother, He didn't expect to get scammed.
If it would of come off ebay then I would have said buyer beware.

SvtRacing

Established Member
That converter is on ebay and it dosent tell a name. Look stall converters on ebay and you will see them on there. they are about $350 new if i remeber right. I just bought a 2300-2500 on LFP. My buddy says send it back and get a 3000 stall. Is the bigger stall going to make that much difference. My best 60ft is 1.98 and want some 1.80's. the one i bought was $599 and the next stall size was $749

Rook

Established Member
i have bts transmission now with a 2400 pi convertor thanks guys. if you knew the whole story you would be understand why i made this post.

Rook

Established Member
i sent him a pm and he asked what was wrong. i about pissed on myself. i done sent him a text message when i was a bts and told him it wasnt a pi torque converter. he said it was. thats why i wanted to get everybody elses opinion of what kind of pi converter it is.

Users who are viewing this thread