What brand of forged Pistons that are quiet?

89 T-trim

Established Member
I did use the search feature and subistuted words with no success. I'm interested in hearing from the owners/customers of a coyote mustangs who has forged pistons that are quiet. Brand, part number, PTW clearance, and any other details you could provide would be appreciated. Also N/A, power adder, and HP (if you are a grudge racer disregard HP #'s). I know their are other factors such as Machinist, torque plate, temperture when is was honed, brand of honing machine or stones. Thanks

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I did use the search feature and subistuted words with no success. I'm interested in hearing from the owners/customers of a coyote mustangs who has forged pistons that are quiet. Brand, part number, PTW clearance, and any other details you could provide would be appreciated. Also N/A, power adder, and HP (if you are a grudge racer disregard HP #'s). I know their are other factors such as Machinist, torque plate, temperture when is was honed, brand of honing machine or stones. Thanks

As you have mentioned, machinist and tollerances are the LARGEST factor, you can make the quietest piston loud with too much clearance. As a company that has sold, installed and raced them all we can tell you that the main difference (besides clearance) is material, 2618 Alloy has a higher expansion rate than High silicone forgings. The other factor to consider is offset pins, most manufactures will offer them, which also plays a part in how quiet they are. The bottom line is there is no magical recipe, much like a camshaft per say, a cam that makes more peak power will always make less power at lower rpm.. the piston is no different, the more power you make the more clearance is required, this means they will make more noise at low temperatures.

Our advice is not brand specific, but to be clear with your machinist that noise is the main priority with him/her keeping your piston to wall clearance as tight as possible for your peak HP goal.

Let us know if we can help!

MMR
www.modularmotorsportsracing.com

444800_001.jpg

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Yup, MMR hit it. If you want to make big power (heat), you need to cope with a little bit of noise. If you prioritize noise over function, you can eat up a piston and cylinder walls real quick. Choose wisely ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread