What boost controller is best ??

z28killer

800 RWHP WANNABE
Established Member
I have a Greedy Profec B Spec ll and I dont care for it. Who can recomend something better or tell me why the one I have is good ?

TRBO VNM

hmmm, well there are a lot of good ones out there.

I really like the blitz SBC ID 3. why? very easy to install, takes about 30 min from mounting everything to ready to use. takes another 2 minutes to set it up on the screen and then hold on. also very easy to increase boost. there are a lot of other features I haven't used though.

others have told me it has one of the better solenoids. not sure what the truth is to that, but I haven't had any issues with it.

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
Do you have the original Profec B or the new one that is all fancy with digital face? I have the original one and it works very well. It's nice because it gives you an easy way to adjust the boost on the fly. Honestly, a cheap $50-70 hallman manual (not sure what they cost these days) can do a better job than an electronic one when it comes to maintaining a stable boost level.

z28killer

800 RWHP WANNABE
Established Member
Mine has the digital readout screen. It is to small though so I have to un atach it and hold it in my hand to look at it. It isnt working at all right now. Before it quit working it seemed to do its job. I was a little disapointed at how late the boost was comming on but it probably wasnt set exactly right. It was confusing to me.

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
Hrm, boost coming on late is not the fault of the BC usually. You have (or atleast in the original profec) you have the ability to adjust how hard the boost hits, but that's about it. This is whats known as turbolag (ie turbo not spooling fast enough). It could be due to how you have the BC hooked up etc (ie longer than normal vacuum lines). Hooking up an electronic BC is much more complicated, especially when you introduce an external wg.

Users who are viewing this thread