what blower for pump gas?

chipmonk

Established Member
So i just pulled the trigger and went to e85 on my genI 2.3l, made decent power but didn't hit my goals. Anyways looks like the only e85 station withing 30 minutes of me might stop selling it, if it does im going back to pump. my question is what blower do you guys think i should go to to hit my goal of 675-700ft/lbs. I am more concerned with making good torque as horsepower will follow. right now im thinking either tvs 2.3 or whipple 2.9 crusher.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
How much boost and how much timing. I hit 660hp with my 2.3 Whipple with all supporting mod's and 22lbs of boost with race gas. With E85 that would have been close to 700hp right there.

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
If you are asking what you need to make 700 on pump gas you need to go turbo. Your going to be on the ragged edge at 700 on just 93 octane with a twin screw

Silver03Termi

Established Member
OP is on 17lbs and his car made 600/600 while it was heat soaked, super humid, and 105 degrees outside. Posi, can you back me up and tell him the significance of that. The very next night when it cooled down he RAN from a 2.9 whippled cobra that makes 620.

MWoods26

Established Member
OP is on 17lbs and his car made 600/600 while it was heat soaked, super humid, and 105 degrees outside. Posi, can you back me up and tell him the significance of that. The very next night when it cooled down he RAN from a 2.9 whippled cobra that makes 620.

My 2.9 that he RAN away from was badly in need of a tune. The 622 that it made was from other owner out in Utah and the drastic change in elevation when I had it shipped here had the car stubling and hesitating. I told you guys that night I had only had the car for 3 days. Not making excuses he ran away from me. However I got the car tuned this week. It only made 665/602 but is running way smooth and feels night and day difference from before. We will have another go at it Im sure.

chipmonk

Established Member
My 2.9 that he RAN away from was badly in need of a tune. The 622 that it made was from other owner out in Utah and the drastic change in elevation when I had it shipped here had the car stubling and hesitating. I told you guys that night I had only had the car for 3 days. Not making excuses he ran away from me. However I got the car tuned this week. It only made 665/602 but is running way smooth and feels night and day difference from before. We will have another go at it Im sure.
Come to kmart across from the greene tomorrow night, meet starts around 930 and we can go for round two;) should be a close one.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member

There could be 50hp easily in the way it sits now. Yes I'm backing you lol.:beer: I wouldn't even put my car on the dyno if it was that hot let alone remotely trust the numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread