Votes: 7 17.5%
  • 2.3 whipple

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • turbo

Votes: 11 27.5%

• Total voters

SCCA SM

Established Member
I have a built 4.6 3V motor with blower compression, ported heads, cams, etc.

It currently has a Saleen blower pullied to the moon only pumping 10psi.

what form of power adder should i swap to and why?

the blowers im considering: kenne bell 2.6 and 2.8, big procharger, big vortec, turbo

what would you do at what boost and why?

my goals: 600+ RWHP on my 91 octane street tune. 700+ RWHP on a race gas tune.

i would prefer to keep drivability to a maximum. the way i use my car i dont need the peak power but the average power. i like to punch it from time to time and want good low end power and torque and it needs to carry that into the high rpm's

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
What do you mean by 'blower compression'? Twin-screw compression or turbo could be 8.5:1 but centri compression should be 9:1 or higher.

I'm a fan of centris myself. I'd throw a T-trim or JT-trim and call it a day. I made 570whp on a built 281 at 9.2:1 comp, ported heads and SHM cams, T-trim running around 15-16 psi. A few more lbs from a pulley or a slightly bigger blower would easily get you over the 600 mark.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Keep the saleen blower an add cams an port the blower. An make 540hp

01yellercobra

Established Member
i would prefer to keep drivability to a maximum. the way i use my car i dont need the peak power but the average power. i like to punch it from time to time and want good low end power and torque and it needs to carry that into the high rpm's

Because of this statement I would say twin screw. If I can ever talk the wife into it I want to put a Whipple on her 06.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Because of this statement I would say twin screw. If I can ever talk the wife into it I want to put a Whipple on her 06.

He has a twin screw the saleen blower. He won't gain much at all with a whipple over the saleen

vic_s197

Established Member
I'm running an F1a clogged pushing 20 psi at 10.0:1 H/C/I, on e85, my 2 choices would be turbo or a centri. I like how the power comes on with both and the crazy top end they have.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
He's only 18 lol?!! WTF lol. Well at any rate, JT/YSI trim will get him there. He's already fighting 160 degree IAT's just cruising with the Saleen blower.. that's A LOT of heat!!

01yellercobra

Established Member
He has a twin screw the saleen blower. He won't gain much at all with a whipple over the saleen

A Whipple 2.3 can make a lot more than 10psi. Even with ported heads and cams. And they can make over 600hp. I think he'd gain a little over the Saleen. Even going with the KB would be an upgrade.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
A Whipple 2.3 can make a lot more than 10psi. Even with ported heads and cams. And they can make over 600hp. I think he'd gain a little over the Saleen. Even going with the KB would be an upgrade.

Kb on a 3v makes more power than a whipple an saleen still wouldn't waste my money whipple over the saleen not enough growth. Kb 2.6 or 2.8 with 15psi plus would work better. Now of whipple made a 2.9 it would be worth it but 3v weren't the best for blowers.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
I find it strange that you are only seeing 10 psi with the Saleen pullied to the moon as you put it. Those 3v Saleen blowers are 2.3l twin screws so you'd think you could make more power and boost with it.

07COBRAVENOM

R.I.P. Hissssss
Established Member
I'm gonna throw it out there since its what I have on my car but have you thought of the roush tvs2300? Easy 600Hp out of it with your mods.

Kenne Bell

Established Member
Kenne Bell 2.8 Mammoth LC for the win!

Attachments

• KENNEBELLMAMMOTH.jpg
    KENNEBELLMAMMOTH.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 383

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
The car already suffers from Heat soak, why throw another heat soaking magnet on there lol??

Users who are viewing this thread