What back spacing for 18x11 ccw classics and 99-04 sra?

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
After taking some measurements, it looks like 7" of back spacing will get me just inside the fender, but maybe 7.25" would keep from any potential rubbing. Anyone with a similar setup lmk and post some pics.

CHIZ

Established Member
I just got an email from the sales rep says 6.75" of backspacing, but I don't think 1/4" is going to cut it. In fact he says there's only another 3/8" of additional backspace from where I'm at, which would put me around 6.88". At the very least, I would say 7", but it doesn't appear that's a viable option...waiting on a response back to see if it's possible to get at least 7"+

Ourobos

Established Member
If you look at most wheels for a 94-04, SRA, they come with 6.96" of backspacing.. Although my wheel is 10" wide, that's what I run with a 315 tire and it's perfect. Even with an extra inch of wheel (11" CCW), it'd still be inside the lip.

SpectorV

Established Member
for an IRS car you want front spacing no more than 4 inches (thats to much also, 3.75 is where I would draw the line and that will probably require fender rolling~) so

11 - 3.75 = 7.25 back spacing (for IRS again) how do the SRA sit different, more narrow?

CHIZ

Established Member
Yeah, I think 6.5-6.75 is for irs.

Spectorv, sra is wider than irs, thus the need for more backspace. Still waiting to hear back. I've searched up and down for proper backspace, but to no avail. Surely ccw offers 7" bs.

CHIZ

Established Member
This is what I'm working with. The lip is about dead even with the fender. I think it needs to be moved in about .5-.75"
20140817_143340.gif

20140817_144413.gif

8gtoklr

Established Member
http://www.mustangevolution.com/mustang-articles/mustang-wheels-and-tires-faq/#rimbackspacing

Rear Wheel Fitment:
If you want the maximum frontspacing of your rims without having to roll your rear fenders then you should have 3.5 inches of frontspacing. If you want fender flush then you want to have 4.0 inches of frontspacing. You will probably have to roll your fenders for this.

If you have an IRS (Independent Rear) equipped vehicle you may can get by with a little more as the tire tuck in as they come up much like the front wheels will. The rim will not be flush with the fenders, but after you install tires they should be very close to flush. Some need 4.25 to become perfectly flush, but most want a little but under the fender for appearance. So 4.25 is the maximum unless for a normal sidewall tire.

An 11 inch rear rim with a 7 inch backspacing is about the limit for the size of rims you can run on the rear. You may have to either flip or eliminate your quad shocks if you have them for this. A seven inch backspacing is pretty much all you can get out of it. If you have an IRS (Independent Rear) vehicle then you will need to look into shaving your IRS rear frame bolts or installing button head bolts to clear over a 6 inch backspacing rim. Having your car lower than stock or larger than 17 inch rims may gain you a little extra room here.

604cobra

lethal1
Established Member
http://www.mustangevolution.com/mustang-articles/mustang-wheels-and-tires-faq/#rimbackspacing

Rear Wheel Fitment:
If you want the maximum frontspacing of your rims without having to roll your rear fenders then you should have 3.5 inches of frontspacing. If you want fender flush then you want to have 4.0 inches of frontspacing. You will probably have to roll your fenders for this.

If you have an IRS (Independent Rear) equipped vehicle you may can get by with a little more as the tire tuck in as they come up much like the front wheels will. The rim will not be flush with the fenders, but after you install tires they should be very close to flush. Some need 4.25 to become perfectly flush, but most want a little but under the fender for appearance. So 4.25 is the maximum unless for a normal sidewall tire.

An 11 inch rear rim with a 7 inch backspacing is about the limit for the size of rims you can run on the rear. You may have to either flip or eliminate your quad shocks if you have them for this. A seven inch backspacing is pretty much all you can get out of it. If you have an IRS (Independent Rear) vehicle then you will need to look into shaving your IRS rear frame bolts or installing button head bolts to clear over a 6 inch backspacing rim. Having your car lower than stock or larger than 17 inch rims may gain you a little extra room here.

CCW LM 20'S 18x10.5 X ( 7 ' BS. ) w/ 315-30-18 drag radials , irs mount clearenced & rewelded for side wall ,irs bolt ,fender lip flush .no rolled fenders.
2012-11-11_17-01-22_535.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread