What are your thoughts on this Cobra?

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Agree with others that there is a good possibility the car has a tune that was forgotten about sadly. Hard to believe someone would have done that but anything is possible these days.

BlackStang00

Established Member
I swear this same terminator was for sale not even like a year ago. Op did you get the vin? I’m curious if it is the same one that was for sale last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justmadethisup

Established Member
This made me lol. Friend of mine would call this a "first world problem." Deciding which awesome car to drive also qualifies.
lol Funny enough, I was thinking this when I wrote my post.
I swear this same terminator was for sale not even like a year ago. Op did you get the vin? I’m curious if it is the same one that was for sale last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I want to say I agree with you. I could have sworn I saw this Terminator for sale on Autotrader around a year-ish ago but I wasn't sure.
The vin the seller has on the Autotrader post is: 1FAFP48Y94F227297

decipha

Established Member
Buy yourself a moates quarterhorse ($250) direct from moates.net

Its most known use is for custom tuning as its a realtime tuner but thats actually its secondary goal.

Its primary purpose is for datalogging and its far superior than obd-2 logging since the quarterhorse logs significantly more info and more in depth data at significantly higher frame rates than possible over the obd2 port. Its by far the most useful diagnostic tool for 2004 and older fords.

The custom tuning software TunerPro is free.

You can also read out the current tune on the ecu and post it on EFIDynoTuning Forum - Categories for review

someone if not myself will take a look and let you know how bad or good the tune is

justmadethisup

Established Member
The car got taken off of Autotrader. I don't know if the seller sold it to someone else but when I started asking him some more detailed questions and even for more pictures, he just randomly stopped replying to my messages. Who knows? Maybe it wasn't meant to be.
Buy yourself a moates quarterhorse ($250) direct from moates.net

Its most known use is for custom tuning as its a realtime tuner but thats actually its secondary goal.

Its primary purpose is for datalogging and its far superior than obd-2 logging since the quarterhorse logs significantly more info and more in depth data at significantly higher frame rates than possible over the obd2 port. Its by far the most useful diagnostic tool for 2004 and older fords.

The custom tuning software TunerPro is free.

You can also read out the current tune on the ecu and post it on EFIDynoTuning Forum - Categories for review

someone if not myself will take a look and let you know how bad or good the tune is
That's interesting, I am not too familiar with that tuner. Now is that something that most tuners for these cars will utilize or is it something a little more specific? Excuse my ignorance but would tuners prefer let's say an SCT device and a wideband over this or is an SCT device and a wideband also needed in addition to the Moates Quarterhouse?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
The car got taken off of Autotrader. I don't know if the seller sold it to someone else but when I started asking him some more detailed questions and even for more pictures, he just randomly stopped replying to my messages. Who knows? Maybe it wasn't meant to be.

That's interesting, I am not too familiar with that tuner. Now is that something that most tuners for these cars will utilize or is it something a little more specific? Excuse my ignorance but would tuners prefer let's say an SCT device and a wideband over this or is an SCT device and a wideband also needed in addition to the Moates Quarterhouse?
sounds like it sold to someone eager to fork over cash and not ask questions

the moates would take the place of the SCT device, would still need a wideband. If you're not gonna try and tune yourself I'd definitely make sure you have a tuner lined up that will use it before purchasing.

justmadethisup

Established Member
sounds like it sold to someone eager to fork over cash and not ask questions

the moates would take the place of the SCT device, would still need a wideband. If you're not gonna try and tune yourself I'd definitely make sure you have a tuner lined up that will use it before purchasing.
That's what I was thinking lol
Good to know. When I start looking for a tuner I'll definitely run this by them and see what they tell me. Thanks for the advice.

Users who are viewing this thread