What are you doing for our troops?

glllc

Established Member
With the Christmas Season here, just wondering what everyone's plans to support our troops is? Locally, we have a couple cookie drives and gift drop offs, just wondering what you active guys would like to get?

allister

Established Member
at the bar i work at, we collect different things annualy to send in. right now we are collecting magazines!

Jefe

Established Member
Just sent a ton of stuff to my brother in law in Afghanistan. Tons of candy, magazines, purel, etc $11 for a 14 lb box to the desert. Not bad!

Check out Let's Say Thanks

They send out free cards to service members

Quickdraw205

Established Member
Washington County Military support group sent over 150,000 Christmas cards and thousands of pounds of care goods (soaps, deodorant, coffee, candy, magazines, razors, playing cards, toys, etc) overseas to selected troops who share these treasures with their fellow soldiers and to children in the surrounding villages.
We spent several hours unloading boxes that were collected from different areas around our county. Since I was in Iraq last year and received many boxes from this organization, I had to help out.

Niks97cobra

Ready to Go!
Established Member
Giving them plenty of thanks, kudos and respect. They already get my tax money, they aren't getting any more of my money.

whiplash306

Established Member
That's a great question. Kinda makes me feel bad too as I don't even know how I could be a direct influence to making someone's Christmas, while so far away from home, just a bit better. How easy it is to forget about our young men and women serving our interests abroad. If anyone has any links to share as to how to make even the smallest of impact, please post up!

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
That's a great question. Kinda makes me feel bad too as I don't even know how I could be a direct influence to making someone's Christmas, while so far away from home, just a bit better. How easy it is to forget about our young men and women serving our interests abroad. If anyone has any links to share as to how to make even the smallest of impact, please post up!

Let's Say Thanks

Jefe

Established Member
...and a pathetic salary at that! :(

:??: Dont think Ive ever seen a service men complain about pay. Actually im starting to complain they get too much. The amount my buddies get each year from the government for living off base and going to school is more than my salary. Plus some of them reenlisted while overseas tax free and got between $10k-40k for another 4 years

Niks97cobra

Ready to Go!
Established Member
:??: Dont think Ive ever seen a service men complain about pay. Actually im starting to complain they get too much. The amount my buddies get each year from the government for living off base and going to school is more than my salary. Plus some of them reenlisted while overseas tax free and got between $10k-40k for another 4 years

Agreed. All my friends who have enlisted all drive brand new vehicles, get a shit ton of housing allowance, they all got married for the extra pay, and now they are popping out children and getting more money. They make good money considering enlisted only have high school diplomas.

Users who are viewing this thread