What Are Things You Would Like To See At A Car Meet?

Julie GT07CS

Established Member
I am not talking about a once a year car SHOW with trophies and things like that. Just a monthly car meet where people gather and show off their rides in the morning for a few hours. What would make you keep coming back month after month to that meet? Thanks for any input! :beer:

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
to me the turnout is the only thing that matters. I understand thats what you're trying to increase but nothing really would make me come back if no one showed up.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
import-models.jpg

mckpat03

Diesel FTW
Established Member
to me the turnout is the only thing that matters. I understand thats what you're trying to increase but nothing really would make me come back if no one showed up.

This. The number and quality of cars for sure, but I think that's a given.

One thing that sticks on in my mind is Cars and Coffee. Maybe not like the actual meets, but the idea of cars and something like coffee in the morning. What I mean is, something cheap but enjoyable like coffee mixed with the opportunity to view sweet cars is enticing. I'd love to, once a month, meet up with fellow enthusiasts, drink a coffee, and enjoy an early morning.

Something comparable in the evening would be equally as nice.

Just my $0.02

Last edited:

ncpower08

Established Member
an aftrernoon/ latemorning BBQ. nothing big just hambugers and hotdogs. food and fast cars that is whats up. not to mention good looking girls!!!!

Julie GT07CS

Established Member
This. The number and quality of cars for sure, but I think that's a given.

One thing that sticks on in my mind is Cars and Coffee. Maybe not like the actual meets, but the idea of cars and something like coffee in the morning. What I mean is, something cheap but enjoyable like coffee mixed with the opportunity to view sweet cars is enticing. I'd love to, once a month, meet up with fellow enthusiasts, drink a coffee, and enjoy an early morning.

Something comparable in the evening would be equally as nice.

Just my $0.02

Thanks! This is what we do. :thumbsup:

Right now we have a meet the first Sunday of the month from 7-10am. We have a nice restaurant that hosts the event and serves breakfast. We consistently have between 100-200 cars come to the meet. We post notices in the local paper, post on all the local forums and directly invite car clubs. The cars that show are incredible and not tacky lol. We don't want to turn it into a circus with tents, vendors, stuff like that. We just want to see cars! We have noticed a lot of "one-timers" and wonder why they are not coming back. :shrug: Thought I would start on SVTP and get some input/ideas. :beer:

Oh and sorry, we can't have naked girls prancing around in the parking lot that borders the freeway hahahahaha!

Bringing in any extra food vendors is not allowed.

Last edited:

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
+1 on the hotdogs, burgers and BBQ

Only once have I seen a wet T-shirt contest at a local car meet. Interesting to see girls I knew from highschool but never thought would get down like that.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
The town next to us started something like this last year. It started out with about 80 cars or so the first time in June or July??? I can't remember which. By September it had over 300 cars in attendance probably closer to 350 - 375. Only thing they are offering is a family oriented good time. They also had a buddy of mine come with his dyno once and it was a big hit. They have a burnout contest and man does it draw the people. It is done really professional looking with multi color lights and great music and giveaways.

Fast forward to this year and their first one last month. 250 cars by 4:30pm and it started at 3:00pm. Cars still kept rolling in until there again were well over 300 - 400 cars. They had Snap-On Tools with a place set up for selling tools. Food and drink vendors. Auto part vendors. T-shirt sales with the Muscle on Main logo. A few local groups performed at different areas so as there was something for just about everyone. Burnout contest again probably viewed by well over 2,000 people.

This should give you an idea. Pikeville KY is trying to be the next Somerset KY and their last of the month cruise in that is know all over the south.

Oh and there is no charge for this. One guy that went with us could not get over all they had going on and at NO CHARGE. He just shook his head in disbelief. It will take some time to get yours going but with support of local businesses and the community you could make it grow into something awesome.

Last edited:

camaro_chic17

Established Member
There's a cars and coffee meet here, but I have yet to attend. I plan to check it out sometime, but it'll very likely be a one-time thing because I don't want to get up that early on a Saturday. The problem for me is the time of day. No matter how cool the cars and people are, my usual Friday night activities don't coincide with the meet. This year, there are no car meets that I attend regularly. In the past, when I knew a lot of the people and enjoyed talking to them I would regulary go. What keeps me coming back is cool people to talk to and nice cars.

Julie GT07CS

Established Member
The town next to us started something like this last year. It started out with about 80 cars or so the first time in June or July??? I can't remember which. By September it had over 300 cars in attendance probably closer to 350 - 375. Only thing they are offering is a family oriented good time. They also had a buddy of mine come with his dyno once and it was a big hit. They have a burnout contest and man does it draw the people. It is done really professional looking with multi color lights and great music and giveaways.

Fast forward to this year and their first one last month. 250 cars by 4:30pm and it started at 3:00pm. Cars still kept rolling in until there again were well over 300 - 400 cars. They had Snap-On Tools with a place set up for selling tools. Food and drink vendors. Auto part vendors. T-shirt sales with the Muscle on Main logo. A few local groups performed at different areas so as there was something for just about everyone. Burnout contest again probably viewed by well over 2,000 people.

This should give you an idea. Pikeville KY is trying to be the next Somerset KY and their last of the month cruise in that is know all over the south.

Oh and there is no charge for this. One guy that went with us could not get over all they had going on and at NO CHARGE. He just shook his head in disbelief. It will take some time to get yours going but with support of local businesses and the community you could make it grow into something awesome.

Where is it located? In a mall or fair grounds? We are in a mall, the host has the appropriate insurance and permits. A burn-out contest or dyno would be great but not in a mall parking lot lol. We don't charge, either. I gave away 100 goody bags with hats, t-shirts, etc for FREE this past Sunday. This was only our 6th meet and it seems to be coming along ok.

You have given me some important ideas, thanks for the input!

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member

:rockon:

Stripper poles and beer

AMEN!

NO RICERS! I hate when I go into a packed show and you see 5 ricers take up 15 spots! Its ****ing annoying.

Also, I'd like to see one show that actually had a burnout box on site (which isnt the street :lol1:). Would solve a few problems. You wouldnt have police officers hanging around as much and it wouldnt be as risky.. Although you may still get some noise complaints.. But this would work if you did it in a counrty setting where there arent neighbors that are close by.

skyhighsd

Established Member
+1 on the hotdogs, burgers and BBQ

Only once have I seen a wet T-shirt contest at a local car meet. Interesting to see girls I knew from highschool but never thought would get down like that.

That would be a must go to every week!

Users who are viewing this thread