What are these little cars with street bike motors??

Buddy17

Avid SVTP(er)
Established Member
A lot of Fiat 126's and such with R1, and Suzuki 1000cc engines...they look like a blast!

Anyone know what they really are? Cant find much info on them...

[youtube_browser]Lfm-QizzDUE[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]mnfxG42lOVA[/youtube_browser]

Mxboost

Established Member
Not sure where that is, but in the states, there is a racing class called Legends. They usually run short tracks, dirt or asphalt.

PC Doc

Established Member
I know I've seen some vids of those little Smart cars with crotch rocket engines in them. They look like fun little go-carts.

One like this.

[youtube_browser]6ex-0qlq4EU[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

ROMM

Established Member
hahahah or how about this one: [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDU5BU_qSJU&feature=related"]Monster Smart - YouTube[/nomedia]

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Not sure where that is, but in the states, there is a racing class called Legends. They usually run short tracks, dirt or asphalt.

Legends are a little different, they do run 1000cc bike engines but they are mainly set up for oval racing or figure eight. These little fiats are made to take turns at high rates of speed but also they handle big switchbacks in direction. Its a lot of work and you should be able to pick up one and make it an all out race car/auto crosser and some street duty be ready to get beat up though with bumps and pot holes.
Most of these guys ren seq transmissions and since the cars are already rear engine it makes it a lil easier. Maybe do a first gen MR2 with a gsx1400cc engine with some mods...could be fun.

Buddy17

Avid SVTP(er)
Established Member
Legends are a little different, they do run 1000cc bike engines but they are mainly set up for oval racing or figure eight. These little fiats are made to take turns at high rates of speed but also they handle big switchbacks in direction. Its a lot of work and you should be able to pick up one and make it an all out race car/auto crosser and some street duty be ready to get beat up though with bumps and pot holes.
Most of these guys ren seq transmissions and since the cars are already rear engine it makes it a lil easier. Maybe do a first gen MR2 with a gsx1400cc engine with some mods...could be fun.

well considering a 6 speed sequential transmission is built into nearly ever single Japanese bike, i'd say thats what they are using!

But that is very interesting, and it looks like a lot of fun! They are flying through those tiny little slaloms

Users who are viewing this thread