What are these for?

fordfx584

Established Member
Probably a dumb question but what are these bunge for? I installed my unknown brand long tubes with no fitment issues. However I have two bunge left one on each header that I'm assuming are some kind of exhaust temperature sensor? Anyways I presume I'll have to block these off? Anyone know the thread size since I've already installed them? Like I said probably a dumb question but any help would be great! The car is a 03 cobra.

Attachments

• 20150928_161715.jpeg
    20150928_161715.jpeg
    442.6 KB · Views: 267

MG0h3

Established Member
Im not sure on the thread size buy ive never seen any bung welded onto any exhaust not take whatever thread an O2 sensor is. My experience with extra bungs is all on performance stuff but if my memory serves, even the imports take the same thread.

When Ive welded my own bungs in that I ordered, they came with caps.

Other times Ive stuck an old O2 sensor in there with the pigtail lopped off.

fordfx584

Established Member
So I think I Id'd them as 96-98 Cobra air injection lines. So obviously that's where this set of long tubes came off from? I was told everything else shall fit and has so far after bolting them up. Now I just need to get the thread pitch to find a bolt to plug them??? Just trying to avoid pulling them off since they are already in!And they are a diffrent size (larger ) than 02's.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread