What are the chances that this will or will not happen.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
Long story short, my immature 18 year old sister, with a slew of serious medical problems. Is going to get engaged this week, and be married by september to a Marine, simply so he wont get shipped off to war anywhere. I have several friends in the military and they have never heard of if you marry someone with medical issues, you wont be shipped off to war. Is this true or is this guy lying?

boduke0220

Established Member
hmm id like to know this as well, im prettysure they DGAF though, cause ya hear about wifes cheating all the time while the hubby is deployed ( not saying your sis will do that)

mustanginsin

Loyal To None
Established Member
it can happen. it's rare, but it happens via the exceptional family member program (efmp).

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
it can happen. it's rare, but it happens via the exceptional family member program (efmp).

I'm trying to catch this little shit in a lie. He has filled my parents and my sisters head with these promises there is no way he can get shipped out if she has health issues. How rare is this and what would it be called if he was "approved" he already received deployment papers and is trying use
My sister to stop him fr being shipped overseas. All he has done is try his best to get out of the marines since he entered. I'm just very frustrated, and I am trying to catch him in a lie. I have little more then 24 hrs. Thank you for
Your info.

mustanginsin

Loyal To None
Established Member
if he's already recieved orders for deployment, then it's all but a done deal for shipping out. there are multiple stages of efmp for different situations depending on the severity of the dependent's illness/injury, etc.
i say that it's rare because there are certain situations that prevent you from being stationed in particular places (where medical facilities may not be available), and others that prevent you from even leaving a certain area stateside (basically for staying in close proximity to a specialty treatment center).
if you want to get the full story of efmp, then just google it and you should find some instruction laying out the specifics or at least some generalities of basic situations.

the bottom line is that simply marrying someone that is ill in what we can all the 11th hour will not prevent you from going off to war. there are limitations but this is not one of them. also, it would do you well to research the term "malingering" if you don't already know what it means.

Last edited:

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
I'm trying to catch this little shit in a lie. He has filled my parents and my sisters head with these promises there is no way he can get shipped out if she has health issues. How rare is this and what would it be called if he was "approved" he already received deployment papers and is trying use
My sister to stop him fr being shipped overseas. All he has done is try his best to get out of the marines since he entered. I'm just very frustrated, and I am trying to catch him in a lie. I have little more then 24 hrs. Thank you for
Your info.
I say he's already showing his true colors in trying to punk out of his ****ing obligations and using your sick sister to boot.

Kick his ass, seabass!

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
Call his company first sergeant or company guns. Explain the ENTIRE situation. They will handle it from there. Even if he actually gets approved for efmp they can still make him wish he would have just deployed.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
if he's already recieved orders for deployment, then it's all but a done deal for shipping out. there are multiple stages of efmp for different situations depending on the severity of the dependent's illness/injury, etc.
i say that it's rare because there are certain situations that prevent you from being stationed in particular places (where medical facilities may not be available), and others that prevent you from even leaving a certain area stateside (basically for staying in close proximity to a specialty treatment center).
if you want to get the full story of efmp, then just google it and you should find some instruction laying out the specifics or at least some generalities of basic situations.

the bottom line is that simply marrying someone that is ill in what we can all the 11th hour will not prevent you from going off to war. there are limitations but this is not one of them. also, it would do you well to research the term "malingering" if you don't already know what it means.
I am about to look it up. Thanks for the info.
I say he's already showing his true colors in trying to punk out of his ****ing obligations and using your sick sister to boot.

Kick his ass, seabass!
If I can catch his ass in a lie, which I feel I have, he is going to wish he never laid eyes on my sister.
Call his company first sergeant or company guns. Explain the ENTIRE situation. They will handle it from there. Even if he actually gets approved for efmp they can still make him wish he would have just deployed.

Great Idea, how do I find out who his sergeant though? I know he is stationed at penalton in san diego is all.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
I am about to look it up. Thanks for the info.

If I can catch his ass in a lie, which I feel I have, he is going to wish he never laid eyes on my sister.

Great Idea, how do I find out who his sergeant though? I know he is stationed at penalton in san diego is all.

All I need is his name. His unit would help too, but really all I need is his last and first name. I can find out who his chain of command is.

Socal Mach

300+ club
Established Member
EFMP depending on what the issues are will determine where you can be stationed with care or treatment being available.

He will still be in a deployable status.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Not looking good for this kid, hope he gets what he deserves!

It would be fairly easy to track down his chain of command, especially considering the situation. PM his name to a Marine willing to help. (I would love to help, but my EAS is friday and im pretty much checked out already)

Users who are viewing this thread