What are some suspension mods.

Nineonesix

Established Member
Other then a few more performance mod, I want to focus a little on suspension. I hear that the axles are the weak part to are rears, so if I do like the upper and lower control arms would that make the matter worst. What do you all suggest and where to get them?

ford911

Established Member
i did upper and lwr control arms, full leagnth sub frames, 2 inch drop, front and rear sway bars, strut twr bar, rear shock twr, and am doing the axles now in that order and think it is a lot better/more fun to drive.

Nineonesix

Established Member
i did upper and lwr control arms, full leagnth sub frames, 2 inch drop, front and rear sway bars, strut twr bar, rear shock twr, and am doing the axles now in that order and think it is a lot better/more fun to drive.

Where did you buy that all. Is it that much more noticeable driving on street. Rougher or softer ride? Ive never done any suspension in any of my mustangs but im curious now.

ford911

Established Member
its a little rougher sine its so low now, but looks awesome. i got a lot of it from american muscle since i have always had great luck with them.

Nineonesix

Established Member
its a little rougher sine its so low now, but looks awesome. i got a lot of it from american muscle since i have always had great luck with them.

Would doing this without the axles first cause more strain on them?
get stuff from stangsuspension.com . what axles are you looking to get. 31 spline?

I was thinking about doing the axles last. Ive heard 31 was the best to go with though.

*edit* also is there any real difference between the j&m or steed control arms?

Last edited:

ford911

Established Member
i have ran that set up minus the axels for a year no problems. i put the 31 spline axles and eaton diff, now i just let it rip. going with the eaton diff is probably the most cost efficient way to go and haven't heard anything bad.

ford911

Established Member
not a bad start, but you will want to think what you want long term to decide on adjustable control arms or not.

Nineonesix

Established Member
not a bad start, but you will want to think what you want long term to decide on adjustable control arms or not.

I wouldnt know how to adjust them even if I got them lol. So I dunno if the extra money would warrant the performance in my case. As long as the ones I suggested are better then stock and help somewhat.

ford911

Established Member
they will help for sure. you could lower it for pretty cheap also if you wanted to just make sure you get cc plates.

Nineonesix

Established Member
they will help for sure. you could lower it for pretty cheap also if you wanted to just make sure you get cc plates.

I figure I would have enough for just the stuff I posted not springs and cc plates just yet. Would lowering a car help with times as well? Sorry for the newb questions but ive never messed with suspension before.

Last edited:

ford911

Established Member
it'll lower the center of gravity so will help, but more important will look soooo much better lol.

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
Get the adjustable control arms and adjust them to your stock control arms for now, then take it to a shop and have them set it up

Users who are viewing this thread