What are some good aftermarker motor mounts?

Screamin03Cobra

formerly 'pony2000gt'
Established Member
Just curious to see what some of you guys are using. Lethal Performance looks like they have a nice set of polyurethane one's. Let me know what brand you are using and where you got them so I can compare prices/quality. Thanks guys.

Phillip

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I would only change them if the engine is out already, upgrading to a tubular K-member, or the OEM ones are bad.

Screamin03Cobra

formerly 'pony2000gt'
Established Member
I would only change them if the engine is out already, upgrading to a tubular K-member, or the OEM ones are bad.
Agreed. I wasn't asking about this as a 'mod' per say, but I am installing a tubular k member and coil overs and thought I might as well put in some better one's since it will take me an extra 5 minutes or so. Thanks for all the replies so far guys I appreciate it.

Last edited:

donjonald

I live by the W's
Established Member
Agreed. I wasn't asking about this as a 'mod' per say, but I am installing a tubular k member and coil overs and thought I might as well put in some better one's since it will take me an extra 5 minutes or so. Thanks for all the replies so far guys I appreciate it.

I think I met you at the ricekiller meet :??:
Not to go off topic but what K did you go with?

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
do these really make a difference if the oem ones are still good

i dont feel the poly is any better than stock in the motor mount case, they still deflect just as much but a little slower cause poly is harder, i dont want movement of my motor on the k-member. my stock mounts are fine, when i did headers from under the car i replaced the mounts then cause i was there

Last edited:

moddedmystic

Established Member
i dont feel the poly is any better than stock in the motor mount case, they still deflect just as much but a little slower cause poly is harder, i dont want movement of my motor on the k-member. my stock mounts are fine, when i did headers from under the car i replaced the mounts then cause i was there

I'm runnin the Prothane motor mounts and they're a lot stiffer than the stockers. You do get a little more NVH with the prothanes and even more with the solids. I swapped mine out the same time I did the K-member too.
If your using the UPR k member I would suggest elongating the hole(passenger side) in the mounting plate(on the k member) so the stud on the back of the motor mount lines up with it. Its a bitch to try and pry the urethene mounts around to line up with the hole.

Users who are viewing this thread