What are 2000 Cobra R's going for these days?

Cobra228

Random SVT Poster
Established Member
I have a friend selling his 2000 Cobra R. All original and stock. Won best in show in every event entered. Perfect car in every way. Cobra R black binder with dash plaque. Window sticker and car cover. 6k miles. Anyone know the current market value of this car?

mrmustang

Husband/Father/Son
Established Member
I've seen similar cars (3) selling in the last 6 months in the $38,000-$45,000 range. It all depends on condition (I know of some rough, sub 2000 mile cars out there) and originality of the car.

Bill S.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sell it to the Viper Exchange in Texas...they have one now they're asking $80k for lol

It only has 80 miles on it though. Here

Last edited:

nmp1

Established Member
sounds about right, #225 was for sale last year and sat for a while at $47,500 with no sale. it was in the same condition as your friends with all the paperwork and a cover but it had only 2300 miles. there are a bunch for sale right now in the 60-80k range and they have been for quite a while as the market is no where near those prices yet.

filthymcnasty

Established Member
This is an interesting thread.

I was just trying to figure out what a nice (sub 5,000 mile) car would go for time now.

It is hard as there is not much out there (ebay sold prices) to give me an azimuth check.

The only thing I can find is outrageous prices on overpriced “collector car” dealers.

Would love to get one some day, but not at $80,000.

SimonCobraR

Established Member
Happy Easter crew. I just took delivery of my 2000 R today. It has just 840 miles on it and I paid well into the $70's. If your buddy will sell his in the $30's I'll buy it today. These cars are appreciating quickly and will continue to in my opinion. It is one of the VERY few "newer" cars with limited production numbers. The new GT350R will help drive these prices north. Get them while you can.

04Saleen281

Established Member
I bought mine in 2013 in the very low 30s with 5k miles on it. Had the black binder, window sticker, and even 2 of the original tires. I probably could have just parked it and made 10k on the car (I imagine this is a $40k car right now), but I can proudly say that I just turned 20k miles on it. They are just too much fun to drive to let them sit. Even with the prices creeping back up, I'd rather sell the shirt off my back than get rid of mine.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Happy Easter crew. I just took delivery of my 2000 R today. It has just 840 miles on it and I paid well into the $70's. If your buddy will sell his in the $30's I'll buy it today. These cars are appreciating quickly and will continue to in my opinion. It is one of the VERY few "newer" cars with limited production numbers. The new GT350R will help drive these prices north. Get them while you can.

Not sure if you're trolling or serious.

mrmustang

Husband/Father/Son
Established Member

You mean this one :D

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/2000-FORD-MUSTANG-COBRA-R-COUPE-79595

As long as you are happy with what you paid, that is all that matters

Bill S.

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Hate to break it to you bud.

Here

SimonCobraR

Established Member
You guys have made great arguments that I overpaid, but I have spoken with all of the owners that you have referred to on eBay and there is a reason I chose my car for more money. The Chicago seller is an ass, plain and simple. The others are all asking 79k and won't budge much. 400 miles vs 800 miles is minimal and to feel comfortable with the seller is important. To trust that the original paint is on the car and the hood wasn't corrected. To know that ALL the documentation checks out is also crucial. Some of the others have stories I wasn't interested in hearing. I think this car will go up in value in time, and until then it will sit in my garage and get driven occasionally. I have my 95 R to play with too, so I won't rack up all that many miles! I'd love to attend a meet And talk with some similar owners. I had never seen a 2000r in person, so that much alone is something that intrigued me. In all seriousness though, if any do come up that are "good deals" please let me know, my brother is a very interested and serious buyer. He won't spend what I did, but apparently, he doesn't have to.

Users who are viewing this thread