What aftermarket gauges match the 99 Cobra cluster best?

SVECobraR

Established Member
I wanted peoples opinions on what aftermarket gauges match the stock 99 cluster the best. I've tried making my own combination on speedhut.com multiple times but i can't get one that i think matches real nice.

I'm currently going through autometers website trying to see what they have but i'm not to hopeful with them.

Any advice would be appreciated as i just got my SOS pod and would like to get oil pressure and water temperature gauges before i take her out on the road coarse.

Thanks in adavance

SVECobraR

Established Member
Ya that's the problem, there are a lot of gauges that match the green of 01 & 03/04 cobras but nothing that seems to match the blue of the 99 cobras.

2001cobravert

Established Member
Ya that's the problem, there are a lot of gauges that match the green of 01 & 03/04 cobras but nothing that seems to match the blue of the 99 cobras.

I never knew 99's had blue lights. I thought all svt clusters lit up green.

You can always swap bulbs in the cluster.

Last edited:

sleepin 4.6

Established Member
I am currently using the AEM wideband and the AEM watertemp. They come with black or white faces, I use white to match the cluster. They don't light in the background so at night all's you see if the numbers in red and the green to red marker on the gauge moving. I personally love it.

sleepin 4.6

Established Member
carrrr009.jpg

This pick was when the car was off hence why the wideband is reading high...
IMAG0122.jpg

SVECobraR

Established Member
Sleepin thats a nice looking setup, and that is fairly similar to what i want. i don't want the gauge face to light up at night but i want the numbers to light up blue (instead of green) and the needle to be red, like oem.

I'll check their website to see if there is a way i can do that.

sleepin 4.6

Established Member
Sleepin thats a nice looking setup, and that is fairly similar to what i want. i don't want the gauge face to light up at night but i want the numbers to light up blue (instead of green) and the needle to be red, like oem.

I'll check their website to see if there is a way i can do that.

Yea I have never been a fan of the glowing background. So this was the best bet for me.

SVECobraR

Established Member
What's a good oil pressure and water temperature range for these gauges? 0-100 or 0-80psi looks like the norm for oil pressure. The norm for water temp looks like 100-260 which might be correct for my setup as i'm running a 180* thermostat.

Any thoughts?

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
0-100 on the oil psi gauge. These motors when cold will peg the gauge even at 100 psi.

I have Autometer phantom gauges in my '99 cobra and my '00 road race car.

SVECobraR

Established Member
do you just not mind the different colors beween your oem cluster lights and the phantoms or did you change the bulbs? What gauges do you run in your cars?

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
It kinda bothered me but I never did anything about it.

Guess I could get some blue tinted led bulbs for the gauges.

Water temp, oil press and oil temp in both cars. Race car has holes in the center console I made for two more gauges.

SVECobraR

Established Member
Thats what i thought was most important, i need to find out if i can add third gauge to the sos pod. Do you run the stock oil cooler setup or a external air to air oil cooler for your cobras?

MrBrain

Corner carver
Established Member
I run Autometer C2 series, they're blue. I swapped the bulbs in the gauge cluster to led ones (white = blue) and after some resistors in series with the Autometer lightning I've got a pretty spot-on match!

Imo the Autometers are way to bright, car look like a spaceship with those on the A-pillar, but after reducing the voltage to them it turned out rally nice :)

(i also swapped bulbs in the center console heating, so all match)

Users who are viewing this thread