what about this combo for tires?

raywang5

Established Member
Hi, everyone, i want to change the stock 2011 svtpp wheel +tires, my new combo is 19x9 front and 19x10 back(forge star F14), with 255/40/19 nitto invo front and 295/35/19 BFG KDWII NT in the back? is this good or it better to use the same tires in all 4s corners?

TorchMach

Established Member
That is a good combo. Two questions I know everyone will ask.

1) Is the car stock?

&

2) What are your intentions with the car? Track it or drag strip?

However no matter the case you don't want to put the same size tire all around on a car like this. You need wider meat out back to put the power down.

Hope this helps.

raywang5

Established Member
That is a good combo. Two questions I know everyone will ask.

1) Is the car stock?

&

2) What are your intentions with the car? Track it or drag strip?

However no matter the case you don't want to put the same size tire all around on a car like this. You need wider meat out back to put the power down.

Hope this helps.
yes, the car is completely stock, except the MGW shifter, i m only planning buy a 127mm carbon CAI in the future,(but if i can take the car with me to Australia, I'd love to put a twin turbo in it and transfer it to a monster lol)
My mainly this car will be street with some drag strip, maybe once a month, but winter comes, guess i will keep it street.(no snow here ye~)

Last edited:

breoland

Established Member
if you are going to be spending a good amount of money on wheels, try and figure out a way to get the most amount of tire in the back. doesnt matter what you are using it for, these cars need least 315 or better

Pure_Evil_GT500

LS7 BUD
Established Member
I got the 295/35/19 BFG KDW's and they are great for the street... No road noise... Gave me my second gear back with my mods... I've got 4000km and 10 passes on them and they still look brand new....

raywang5

Established Member
i can go wider with 11 but, i'm not sure if tires over 305 will be help with traction or not, there is a huge debate on all the mustang forums talk about wider tire in rear help traction, or wider tire doesnt do anything...maybe someone could provide some datas for me? also, i dont want the tire sit out of the fence.
thx for the help guys~

Last edited:

raywang5

Established Member
I got the 295/35/19 BFG KDW's and they are great for the street... No road noise... Gave me my second gear back with my mods... I've got 4000km and 10 passes on them and they still look brand new....

do u think 305 or 315 will have better traction than 295? with BF KDW?

Users who are viewing this thread