What about the Trackey?

Rebel302

Established Member
Just curious as there hasn't been much talk about it over the last few months...did the tuners give up on "cracking" it?
Still think it would be awesome to have a "conservative" tune on the black key for everyday driving and the "aggresive" tune on the Trackey keeping all the features of it(enhanced engine braking, pit lane speed control, an "actual" lopey idle, and the launch control)....

Last edited:

Rebel302

Established Member
318 "views" and no one has heard anything huh?

Well that sucks....I would have figured all the talk would have gotten somewhere...

BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member
Nobody is responding because there are 1000s of threads on this topic. Have you tried the search function?

Rebel302

Established Member
Nobody is responding because there are 1000s of threads on this topic. Have you tried the search function?

more like less than 20 and I've read or been tracking them all since last year....the most recent was a few months ago with SCT and John Lund possibly on the verge of "cracking" it so to speak...obviously you haven't read the "1000s of threads on this topic" :dw:

Don't look at the date I joined the site as the date I started looking at this stuff

Last edited:

hori

Established Member
Trackey
I like the snap, crackle pop of the exhaust
I like the idle even though it`s watered down from original
It feels more responsive

I don`t like the spark knock with mine even though it says in the install that you may hear slight pinging. I use pure 91 no blend. I hardly use
the trackey because of this.

kbroush

Established Member
I would like one key for a 93 octane "race " tune with a ghost cam idle and the regular key for a 91 octane "street " tune. That would be peachy!

Rebel302

Established Member
I would like one key for a 93 octane "race " tune with a ghost cam idle and the regular key for a 91 octane "street " tune. That would be peachy!

My point exactly. While most don't mind riding around in "race mode" all the time, the whole point of the "trackey" feature was so we Boss owners wouldn't have to :poke:

Unrealford

Established Member
I have learned just recently that the Trackey turns off alot of feature including trq management..
I for one like the Trackey, I use 93 fuel since day one.

The Loopey idle can be shut right off pretty easily

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member

that is the trackey. red key requires 91 or better has ford "lope" idle and other stuff. gray key can run on 87 for street use and whatever else.

I personally just use the red key will proabably use the gray key during the snow months.

Rebel302

Established Member
that is the trackey. red key requires 91 or better has ford "lope" idle and other stuff. gray key can run on 87 for street use and whatever else.

I personally just use the red key will proabably use the gray key during the snow months.

I'm pretty sure he is referring to adding mods and having the trackey tuned while retaining the same features and the consertative tune on the black key....I know thats what I'm referring to

Last edited:

kbroush

Established Member
I'm pretty sure he is referring to adding mods and having the trackey tuned while retaining the same features and the consertative tune on the black key....I know thats what I'm referring to

That is what I meant. Althought the Ford tack key is an awesome option it really gains no HP over the regular key when you are running the same grade fuel in both. I have even talked to the guy that dynoed my car last week and he said they are identical in peak hp. The curve may be a little different I am sure. But if I were to add my full exhaust and cold air intake I would be able to tune one key for a 91 octane "street" tune and the red key could be tuned for 93 octane "race" tune with a ghost cam tune like Jon Lund makes. If someone were to crack the code to do this I will jump all over it. No reflashing required, just use what ever key you want. That would be the ultimate option in my opinion.

Rebel302

Established Member
That is what I meant. Althought the Ford tack key is an awesome option it really gains no HP over the regular key when you are running the same grade fuel in both. I have even talked to the guy that dynoed my car last week and he said they are identical in peak hp. The curve may be a little different I am sure. But if I were to add my full exhaust and cold air intake I would be able to tune one key for a 91 octane "street" tune and the red key could be tuned for 93 octane "race" tune with a ghost cam tune like Jon Lund makes. If someone were to crack the code to do this I will jump all over it. No reflashing required, just use what ever key you want. That would be the ultimate option in my opinion.

x2
Although I have a few other mods planned, that's exactly what I want. I held back cause I was waiting for the big "we finally did it" thread to pop up...seemed like it was gaining steam for a brief moment and then.....nothing

kbroush

Established Member
x2
Although I have a few other mods planned, that's exactly what I want. I held back cause I was waiting for the big "we finally did it" thread to pop up...seemed like it was gaining steam for a brief moment and then.....nothing

I'm still trying to be optimistic!

Rebel302

Established Member
I'm still trying to be optimistic!

so am I..lol
popcorn.gif

Rebel302

Established Member
So I've decided to enroll at MIT and get cracking on my engineering degree so this Trackey tuning thing can happen LOL :idea:

steeltoe

Established Member
If the track key is in the PCM like Off-road mode in the Raptor it will be a long time before anyone figures it out. Raptor tuners gave up a while ago on off road mode"only" tunes because it isn't labeled in the PCM. Its just one of about 48 different tables.

Users who are viewing this thread