What a freakin' battle!

cobrabruce

Established Member
Started installing JDM/Kooks headers on the '03. What a complete PITA. My hands look like I got in a fist fight with a rose bush. Plus I'm a die hard long haired dude from the 70's and it kept getting tangled in the creeper wheels. AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!! :cuss: Next time I do this job the K frame is getting dropped. Can't wait to get done and hear her run.

RAP66

Established Member
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Another fellow LONG HAIR!!! I AM NOT ALONE!!!!

HAHAHAHA :coolman: :thumbsup:

Justin

Established Member
any headers on any of these 4.6 motors are a major PITA. I did mine on my 97 and I will tell you that I will never do it again. My hats off to you for putting up with all that..here have one on me:beer:

ALLNTRL

Established Member
Originally posted by hard jokur
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Another fellow LONG HAIR!!! I AM NOT ALONE!!!!

HAHAHAHA :coolman: :thumbsup:
Damn and I thought I was the only one! :thumbsup: I know what you mean about the creeper and your long hair, I HATE it when that happens!!! :mj: :-D

Orange Poison

Established Member
hair

Plus I'm a die hard long haired dude from the 70's and it kept getting tangled in the creeper wheels.

:lol:

I know what you mean.....Put it up in a Pony tail.....I cut mine in the late eighties though...

Last edited:

davidmax

Established Member
The results are far worth it.Im wrapping the headers after Sean gets done toooooooooooo loud beyond drone and with the cams
Forget it.Dave S.

cobrabruce

Established Member
Did you separate the primary tubes from the collector or installing them as one unit?

I did the tubes separately. The biggest pita so far has been trying to remove the top nut on number seven when removing the stock manifolds. I'm done with the drivers side and still have to install everything on the passenger side. I probably won't get a chance to get back at it until next Friday. Just about enough time for my hands to heal up so I can slice 'em up again. :shrug:

Put it up in a Pony tail.....I cut mine in the late eighties though...

I did put it in a pony tail but the darn thing kept coming undone. Between what hair has been falling out on its own and what is wrapped around the creeper wheels I don't have much left to cut! :)

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
Originally posted by cobrabruce

I did put it in a pony tail but the darn thing kept coming undone. Between what hair has been falling out on its own and what is wrapped around the creeper wheels I don't have much left to cut! :)

Well guys.. I'm NOT a longhair but.....

Pony tail it then do the old "pack the 'fro" thing.

(get a knee high nylon sock and pull it over your head.. not down like a robber's mask obviously)

Yeah I know.. it looks stupid.. but.. if you want to be REAL manly.. get a condom and use it... then you can be a DICK HEAD!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I kill me.

SVTyballz

Established Member
Couple tips:

The passenger side seemed to go in easier putting them up in pairs. front two and then the back two. And when you re-install the starter, have fun with the top bolt. If your hands are too big to reach up and over the starter, you will have to use a long extension and get it from the front near the radiator. It is easier with an extra set of hands to guide the bolt into the starter. Neither of you will be able to see anything so it makes it even more interesting. I have been told that you can also get to that bolt from around the k-member but I couldn't figure that route out. Good luck. The first time you start your car and you hear the sounds it makes, all of this will be worth it..

gary

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
I guess all this begs the question...

How much would a reputable shop charge for installation of something like Bassani's headers? I would rather pay than mess with it...

SVTyballz

Established Member
Originally posted by JoeAsheville
I guess all this begs the question...

How much would a reputable shop charge for installation of something like Bassani's headers? I would rather pay than mess with it...

I read a post earlier today that said the Bassani's take 8 hours............so 8 x $60.00??? depends on the shop's rate. I've read that regular long tubes ie 1 5/8 JDM, Kooks, QMP, etc require 8-10 hours and 1 3/4 LT's are taking up to 12 hours (mine took around 10). So i guess find a shop and do the math.

gary

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread