What a CRAZY finish!

NJ 03 GT

Established Member
WOW. I woul be seriously mad if i was edwards. Man that really sucks. Just glad edwards is ok after taking a lick like that

great race

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
he has nobody to be mad at but himself. he went up to block, got the fake out by Keslowski and then tried to come back down and gave himself the pit maneuver. Crazy wreck though, completely airborne.

Then he ran across the finish in true Talladega fashion. Epic.

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Carl is a pro. Chance you take. The kid had HUGE balls to poke his nose in AND keep it there!!

Thank goodness Carl is OK.

That could have been real bad for the fans. Another 5'. Wow.

Blacula

Established Member
And to see him Ricky Bobby the finish was awesome!!! Wish Jr. had squeezed in there for the win to make history but 2nd is a good start to the rest of the year.

Eds01Lightning

Established Member
Wow!! What an exciting finish!! Carl went on a wild ride for sure! Glad he is alright! Carl would have made the same move as Brad did though. Brad deserved the win!

5point0guy

Established Member
Damn I'm so dissapointed at the finish. I knew Keselowski would try anything and Carl wasn't safe, but getting that close to the finish line I thought Carl had him and would get the win. I'm glad he's ok, that was a scary wreck.

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
9503602_18_1.jpg

Socal Mach

300+ club
Established Member
A wild ride for sure!! Luckily that fence held out, it could have been much worse. Hopefully those fans that got hit with debris are doing well.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Eight fans injured in Edwards wreck: Eight spectators suffered injuries at the end of the Aaron's 499 Sunday when the #99 Ford of Carl Edwards went airborne and slammed into the catchfence on the frontstretch. "None of the injuries are dangerous or life-threatening," said Dr. Bobby Lewis, medical director at Talladega Superspeedway. "It's mostly bumps and bruises with possible minor fractures." Two women were airlifted to an area hospital, but Lewis said that was for traffic concerns and not because of the severity of their injuries. "One has a lacerated lip and possible broken jaw," Lewis said. "The other person was not injured, but has unrelated medical problems." When the car hit the catchfence, pieces exploded off the car as catch fencing bent back severely, but did not break. "I'm not sure if it was pieces of car or pieces

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
Young Kezelowski drove like a man at the finish and deserved the spoils of this war. Edwards wrecked himself but glad to see him and Newman were okay. Crazy day as usual at this track.

Users who are viewing this thread