What a bunch of bs this people are feeding us

Robertp

2.9 crusher guy
Established Member
That ain't true I've been working on cars for 12 years and have yet to see a problem with it and I run e85 in 2 vehicles

cbradley49

Established Member
not sure what to think here..... standard gas here has up to 10% ethanol in it... I dont see how e15 would be any different....

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
not sure what to think here..... standard gas here has up to 10% ethanol in it... I dont see how e15 would be any different....
It's not.

Here's my theory.

Gasoline is the NUMBER 1 $$$$$ making business in entire world!

Lets take away 15% of the money and see who starts putting out bad information. Think about it for just a second....:idea:

US Gasoline Station Sales:
45.43Billion USD for Nov 2012!!!!

This is just 1 month!!!!!!! Holy Shit!!!!!! :eek: I say it again. Holy Shit!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Assuming that the fuel is already E10, even if you took away 5% more profit by going to E15, you are talking 2.2715 BILLION DOLLARS in ONE MONTH!!!!!

Times 12 months = 27.258 BILLION DOLLARS PER YEAR!!!!!!

Don't think companies will want to do anything in their power to keep this profit margin? Think again!

This has NOTHING to do with E15 harming your engine! This has 100% to do with MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your Money!!!!!!!!

If you have half a brain it is very easy to understand this.

It is truly sad what this country has become. Would we rather keep the 27+ Billion Dollars in our country each year and give it to the AMERICAN farmer? or keep sending our money over seas for other countries to get stronger?

What a line of Bullshit!

This is my take on it.

Cheers :beer:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I'll also add:

The problem with todays Flex Fuel cars is that they have to be able to run on E85 or regular 87 Octane Fossil Fuel. The "Only" change these "Flex Fuel" cars are required to do is to adjust for A/F so that they acheive stoich. This makes for a very inefficient engine.

If they were to manufacture cars that ran "Only" on E85 and could use it's higher octane potential, then they could build a much more efficient engine that would get even better economy than the gasoline would.

By using Flex Fuel sensors combined with the WideBand O2 sensors, they could have a turbocharged engine that would increase boost/efficency as the Ethanol content increases. :idea: You would not have the same advantages N/A.

Just more food for thought.

Users who are viewing this thread