What’s it worth: original 2003 Satin Tims/Eagle F1s with 53 miles

dom418

Established Member
Hey guys. I am trying to put a value on a set of original satin rims and tires that have 53 miles on them. These were taken off the car when new and properly stored since. No cracks in the rubber etc. still have the original wheel weights and valve caps.

For someone looking to show their 03 as 100% factory I think these will be rare down the road. I was thinking $1000 for the set. Thoughts?

I probably wouldn’t drive 100mph on them but to take to car shows etc would be fine

josephcostello

Established Member
You might get some tire gurus who would get pretty upset over the idea of driving on 13 year old tires, but I don't think it would be bad for short distance/low speed/ or even a trailer car. I'd say $1000 is a decent price.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

hotcobra03

Established Member
I would think most car with low mileage garaged car already mostly have oem still.

I recall paying 175 for a new wheel from ford,not sure what they are now

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
How many low-mile original wheel/tire packages do you see for sale...? Not many!

I’d ask $1250 and see what happens. Holding them for another 5-10 years would be better though. Not too many well used cars getting restored back to original at this stage in their lives. The well used cars from this era usually are just getting more customized. Eventually someone will want to restore theirs back to factory correct.

dom418

Established Member
How many low-mile original wheel/tire packages do you see for sale...? Not many!

I’d ask $1250 and see what happens. Holding them for another 5-10 years would be better though. Not too many well used cars getting restored back to original at this stage in their lives. The well used cars from this era usually are just getting more customized. Eventually someone will want to restore theirs back to factory correct.

Thanks Goose, you and I think alike. The 93 Goodyear Gatorbacks that are date coded to 93 for example are highly sought after. The same will happen with the F1s down the road.

There are guys like us who appreciate originality down to the factory wheel weights and valve stems.

Appreciate the responses so far fellas

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Eventually someone will want to restore theirs back to factory correct.

I'm with you on that Goose. I just purchased a set of OEM Cobra rims for my Vert. Car is pretty much stock minus the rims. So, I got a set for that very reason you mention (I want to keep it mainly stock).

I paid $670 just for the rims shipped to my door. Another guy wanted to sell me original wheels and tires. He had them listed for $550. However, shipping was $450 pushing the deal to $1,000. So, I passed.

OP, I say if you have something that is almost new $1,000 is a VERY fair price, but I'm not sure the market will bear it just yet. I say list them for a grand and if they do not sell hang on to them for a little while longer.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Thanks Goose, you and I think alike. The 93 Goodyear Gatorbacks that are date coded to 93 for example are highly sought after. The same will happen with the F1s down the road.

There are guys like us who appreciate originality down to the factory wheel weights and valve stems.

Appreciate the responses so far fellas

Yes! My 04 Terminator, 00R and 93 Cobra are all running on their original wheels/tires. I like having the originals. I am going to put repo wheels/tires on my R though. I want to protect the originals and I like to have fun in that car when I drive it.

Good luck with your sale dom418.

Users who are viewing this thread