WFC5 CHAMP

R-COBRA-R

Established Member
Congrats to SSRDOHC, successfully defended his WFC4 championship in St. Louis. et 11.66 @ 122MPH on the brakes.
R-COBRA-R broke a half shaft and didn't race on Sunday.

P5190628.JPG
P5190634.JPG

Mystic 544

Established Member
:cryying:
He knocked me out in the first round...
I cut a bad light and had to stand on it and ended up breaking out. Oh well, at least I lost to the guy that won! He cut some great lights!
I really wasn't ready to run there this year. Had made too many changes to the Snake and wasn't used to them yet. Times kept getting better, but I just didn't have time to re-learn how to drive my car. I know she has a lot more in her, just need to focus on the tree and cut better 60' times!!!
Sorry to hear about your half shafts...that sucks!
Tim

SSRDOHC

Established Member
Why yes they are 15's. I've got the Steeda/ARP 3-in front wheel studs and Aerospace wheel spacers, a 3/4 inch + a 3/4 inch cut in half on each side, it works fine.

Psychoholic

Established Member
Running a long wheel stud on the front with a spacer?

Is that still NMRA legal?

I'd love to run some 15's on my cobra (since the availability of them is sooooo plentiful), but I'd like not to get kicked off the track for doing so.

SSRDOHC

Established Member
They must be legal (NHRA & IHRA), I've been to 5 different tracks and nobody said anything. Plus looking around tech while waiting, PHP's new Cobra R has spacer on it and it doesn't even have the large brakes!!

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Originally posted by SSRDOHC
....PHP's new Cobra R has spacer on it and it doesn't even have the large brakes!!

I'm still in shock over them taking the 5.4 out of that car to run it in that class. Wouldn't a regular Cobra have done just as well? DAMN that one hurt me to see. :eek:

Psychoholic

Established Member
Thanks for the info!

I'm at a lost for words in regards to the kudo's I want to give you.

How about:

That is one hellaciously clean car
Incredible times
and CONGRATS! on winning the WFC!

Chris (Psychoholic)

p.s. Can I snag a copy of that pic and slap them up on Street-lethal.com ?

SSRSVT1

Hey GR8WHITE, Dont worry about the PHP Cobra R, he didnt remove a motor before putting his in. Apparently Ford had an "Extra" '00R body just laying around, so Paul got it and put all the stuff, engine, trans, rearend, etc.., from his blue car into. Hopefully thatll make you feel a little better about it.

Users who are viewing this thread