Wet spot drivers side fllor

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Hi Guys. I'm Ray the Boost Overlay guy in the Terminator forums and an authorized vendor here. I've tried several search combinations but have not seen any info on this subject.
Here's my issue.
About a week or so ago my 2013 GT500 was driven for several hours (like maybe 6) and when it returned home it had a pretty huge wet area that soaked the drivers side floor mat and floor. I sopped it up with a towel and took the floor mat out to dry.
Ever since then (it's my summertime DD here in Michigan) when I drive the car with the air on I get a wet spot about the size of you fist on the drivers side floor. I suspect this is water from the evaporator so I looked underneath the car, the firewall area etc. and couldn't find the source. I pulled the carpet up and it's dry on the floor. I'm not getting anything on my pant leg when I'm driving. I'm kind of baffled at this point. Anyone else experience anything like this? If so, what was the cure?

Thanks for listening. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ray H.

Kapy

Established Member
Hi Guys. I'm Ray the Boost Overlay guy in the Terminator forums and an authorized vendor here. I've tried several search combinations but have not seen any info on this subject.
Here's my issue.
About a week or so ago my 2013 GT500 was driven for several hours (like maybe 6) and when it returned home it had a pretty huge wet area that soaked the drivers side floor mat and floor. I sopped it up with a towel and took the floor mat out to dry.
Ever since then (it's my summertime DD here in Michigan) when I drive the car with the air on I get a wet spot about the size of you fist on the drivers side floor. I suspect this is water from the evaporator so I looked underneath the car, the firewall area etc. and couldn't find the source. I pulled the carpet up and it's dry on the floor. I'm not getting anything on my pant leg when I'm driving. I'm kind of baffled at this point. Anyone else experience anything like this? If so, what was the cure?

Thanks for listening. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ray H.
Did you check the drain tube for the evaporator to make sure it is not clogged? That could be causing the issue as it sounds like this happens only when operating your A/C. That's the first place I would check.

Bball1621

Established Member
If not able to find. Can always get weather tech LOL. Hope you find the actual solution. I will look under my dash and see if i can see anything like a drain tube of some sort.

Users who are viewing this thread