Wet kit on a Shelby need some input?!?

Cameron57

Established Member
Any body put a wet kit on a Shelby if so how are you getting the fuel to the solenoid? I'm open to suggestions..

-Cameron

Gojira

Established Member
Your kit should come swith a feul block that mounts to the factory fuel rail.

will look like this ZEX

Cameron57

Established Member
Who else makes one of those I have a generic nx kit. And the link shows for a 3v are they the same?!?

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member

Cameron57

Established Member
Ok thanks guys and let's hope not Robert lol I am only going to spray a 75 so hopefully that and my other stuff should get it done

-Cameron

invisiblefrisbe

Praying for the unborn
Established Member
My understanding (not my own experience) is that a wet spray through a blower will cause damage to the rotors in your blower. Run a dry shot pre-blower or a wet shot after the blower.

Cameron57

Established Member
Anyone else heard this?!? Or have any evidence to back it up? I'm not sure if I follow the logic on how a wet shot pre blower could hurt it?

-Cameron

Last edited:

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
You're fine running a wet kit though the blower, it's been done for years, go for it.

Also, nitrous on a GT500 is just fine, just make sure the tune is good and you have the right type of fuel and plenty of volume.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
We tried a dry shot last year, didnt work to well.

You gotta use lube....doesn't work well dry. Didn't she tell you that already?

bite-the-pillow.jpg

bossnova3

Established Member
I'm also going to try my hand at a 75 wet shot thru the blower, it's much safer than just a dry shot. Just need to put some good gas and start by backing down the timing and go from there....
Also I've searched for pics of others for this type of install just for reference but not to much out their, if some body knows of pics or threads with pics (especifically on a gt500) please post them for reference

Last edited:

invisiblefrisbe

Praying for the unborn
Established Member
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...7060-how-much-can-you-spray-though-eaton.html

Here is a thread on this site about it, and here is another on another site (different engine, but still an eaton S/C) about it:
nos stripping rotors of teflon - myth or fact ? - 3800Pro.com Forum

It seems like a dry shot keeps this problem away, but if you run a wet shot you have a chance of removing the coating on your rotors...but it won't always happen. Not sure what the determining factor is...possibly how fine of a mist you get the fuel to spray?

This is all wet shot pre-blower of course, running a wet shot after the blower should be fine.

Last edited:

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
I would say don't spray in the elbow like alot of other people and even the article in mmff/5.0 did. Run the jets on the intake. If it ever puddles i'd be much happier blowing apart an intake, MAF, and TB than a blower/TB. Just me. I seriously though of going a 75 wet setup myself but opted out after looking at the total with bells and whisles vs a TVS. Plus i'm lazy and don't like checking plugs every now and then.

Users who are viewing this thread