WESTFIELD is VOIDING WARRANTY because of airfilter! PLEASE READ

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
I find it difficult to believe that with all the people that viewed this thread, no one that is connected to Ford or is a Ford field advisor, has taken an interest in this case.
This certainly does not speak well of Ford or the field service policies or representatives. To refuse to even have a rep inspect the car when the possibility exists that the dealer is not telling the truth regarding the incident is incredible. It would not be unreasonable to have this occur.

They have gotten a million dollars worth of bad publicity for a few hundred dollars worth of a field reps time for an inspection, something they are paid by Ford to do.
To say nothing of the fact that the entire incident could have been dealt with by just making the repairs and writing it off. They build several thousand dollars worth of warranty repairs into the cost of these vehicles and could have used some of that money for the repairs.

I cannot believe that the upper management level of Ford would have allowed this to occur. It has to be people that do not have any idea what is involved in this claim, and are in their appointed position because they are related to someone else, that have enabled this fiasco to escalate to this level where a repair totaling a few hundred dollars could end up going to court.

This damage is clearly not the fault of the owner and thus becomes Ford's responsibility to repair it as the only personnel that did any related (or non-related) work on the car were employed by Ford.

One factor that Ford seems to be overlooking is the seriousness of the damage and the fact that the braking system is affected. The potential for a catastrophic incident cannot be ignored, had this problem not be located when it was. I don’t think the court system would have been, or will be, as ignorant of the facts when they were presented to it. This is not a cosmetic scratch that has no impact on the reliability of the automobile, this is the braking system. Had it gone unnoticed for a longer period of time, the consequences would certainly have been disastrous. A bad light would certainly have been shed on Ford because the brand new car that has only a few hundred miles had a brake failure. Add to it the fact that Ford had previously done warranty work on the brake system and I could see millions of dollars going to several injured parties. Whose fault would you deem it to have been?
Warranty work on brakes + Brake failure + CRASH + INJURIES =$$$$$$$$

WAKE UP FORD!!! YOU GOT LUCKY THIS TIME!!!

Fix the car and put and end to this idiocy.

Dana

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
I agree with Dan that there doesn't seem to be any intelligent thinking coming from Ford on this situation. Ford seems to be taking the dealer's word without trying to actually find the truth of the matter. Anyone with any automotive knowledge at all knows you don't damage brake lines putting an air filter on. The brake lines had to be damaged either at the factory [doubtful], by another dealer [none of them worked on the brake system], by Mike [if he did it, why would he be taking it to this extreme to have the dealer repair it? It's not that expensive a repair], or Westfield [who DID work on the brake system and then mysteriously had to keep the car a couple of extra days]. It seems pretty clear cut to me.

What are we up to? About 5,000 views on this website alone. Bad, bad, bad publicity for both Ford and Westfield. :nonono:

T's Blk03

No Clue What Goes Here
Established Member
Well, since I've been following this since day one hoping to see soemthing good come of this I guess I'll throw in my $.02

Sorry about your experiences with the dealer and Ford. I've been down the road, not this extreme, but bad enough. Do like others have said and see your other dealer and see if they will go to bat for you. In the meantime, does ?? Westfield ?? have a web site? Maybe someone in their organization needs a link to this post.

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
Svt adviser maybe you could forward or Email this thread to someone in dearborn? I work for ford but Im just a line monkey no pull no contacts.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Hmmm all of a sudden this became priority.

The service manager from Joe Rizza called. The Field Engineer is coming in on 8-19 (Tuesday) to look at my car. They are also having someone drive me to work and pick me up when they are done looking at the car. The service manager said he cannot promise anything. Things I will leave with the service manager to check:

1. Invoice for the brake work done at Westfield.

2. Note explaining how the car was kept for some extra days because they got some "wrong parts" and Westfield has no information for me on what those "wrong parts" were.

3. Detailed instructions on the K&N (specifically stating that it is for my specific vehicle) that was installed along with my purchase invoice of the unit.

Mike

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
Maybe worth taking a day off to be thier when they are looking at it. People seem to be less of an Ahole when they are face to face. Plus you can state your side as they are looking at it.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Mike,
I would leave only copies of the documents, not the originals. You never know what might happen to them...

Which brings me to the second point: If this were to go to court (doubt it), I would be considered an expert witness in the court's eyes.
Besides, I can use the court time. HA! HA!

Dana

Tweaker

Established Member
Too bad you have had to go through this fiasco. If anybody at Ford is reading this I think they need to address customer issues more effectively. This is the 21st century where we now have savvy customers and the Internet community. Add to that a slow economy and fierce competition. The old idea of sweeping issues under the carpet and hoping the customer will go away is history if one is to survive. Ford and dealership owners need to change or take a loss financially. Vote with your pocketbook!

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
If anyone (ESPECIALLY DANA) wants to come visit Joe Rizza in Orland Park next Tuesday ... I'm going to take time off of work and hang out there. My company's attorney told me I should videotape or photograph and maybe have the field rep sign something if he's not going to honor repairs. I also was told to not leave the car, to STAY THERE. I don't know when he will be there. I'll just hang out there and read a book... maybe I'll bring brochures of other manufacturers vehicles (lol kidding).

So if anyone is interested in helping me (DANA!) call me - 773-884-0100 after 6PM ... or in my office during the day at 708-206-3640 direct. I think I could use some extra help since I am not the best at trying to defend myself if the rep trys to pull a "you did this when you installed this thing over here"

Mike Pawinski

Last edited:

SVTADVISOR

The Cobra Doctor
Established Member
Mike, I am a SVT certified service advisor. I know 03 cobra's very well and will be willing to help you in any way i can. I think you are seeing now that what i posted eariler is how ford is going to get your concern resolved. My experience with them is that if justified they will fix your car. It sounds like from your posts that you are a victim of a dealer that may not be working in your best interests. If you can please be patient and allow the FSE to see your car then go from there. I have faith in the FSE that they will see the truth in your car and get it repaired and try to make you happy. Please let us know how this turns out...

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Mike,
See ya there.
I'll set up the meeting time with you Friday or over the weekend.

We will listen to what the rep has to say and go from there. I am confident that after he reviews the facts and sees the condition of the lines, we won't have to say anything.

Maybe you could try to pin him down to morning or afternoon?

Dana

cito

Official Kumho Shredder
Established Member
Hopefully, I have not left the impression that I do not believe ChicagoMike, because I really do.

Its just possible that he is some sort of brakelinetwisting criminal (J/K), and I cannot prove that he is not from 6 hours away.

I have sent e-mails to Westfield Ford about their implorable behavior, and I would be happy to sign a petition to get SVT to rescind their authorization to sell SVT vehicles.

I am wholeheartedly behind Mike in this, because I have the exact mods on my car, and I believe that it is some serious BS that he is going through.

Just wanted to clarify that.

Cito

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Mike, if you can narrow down the time frame when you'll be hanging at Rizza on Tues., please post it here. If my schedule allows, I'll stop out to show my support and say hi. Good luck with the Ford rep.

Cliff

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Ok, here is the info I have:

The FSE might be in around 11-12 noon. They don't know for sure. I'm arriving at 8AM and camping out in the waiting room in the service department at Joe Rizza Ford on 159th. So I guess it's just a waiting game.

Mike

Cobra'03

Established Member
Originally posted by Dana
I find it difficult to believe that with all the people that viewed this thread, no one that is connected to Ford or is a Ford field advisor, has taken an interest in this case.
This certainly does not speak well of Ford or the field service policies or representatives. To refuse to even have a rep inspect the car when the possibility exists that the dealer is not telling the truth regarding the incident is incredible. It would not be unreasonable to have this occur.

They have gotten a million dollars worth of bad publicity for a few hundred dollars worth of a field reps time for an inspection, something they are paid by Ford to do.
To say nothing of the fact that the entire incident could have been dealt with by just making the repairs and writing it off. They build several thousand dollars worth of warranty repairs into the cost of these vehicles and could have used some of that money for the repairs.

I cannot believe that the upper management level of Ford would have allowed this to occur. It has to be people that do not have any idea what is involved in this claim, and are in their appointed position because they are related to someone else, that have enabled this fiasco to escalate to this level where a repair totaling a few hundred dollars could end up going to court.

This damage is clearly not the fault of the owner and thus becomes Ford's responsibility to repair it as the only personnel that did any related (or non-related) work on the car were employed by Ford.

One factor that Ford seems to be overlooking is the seriousness of the damage and the fact that the braking system is affected. The potential for a catastrophic incident cannot be ignored, had this problem not be located when it was. I don’t think the court system would have been, or will be, as ignorant of the facts when they were presented to it. This is not a cosmetic scratch that has no impact on the reliability of the automobile, this is the braking system. Had it gone unnoticed for a longer period of time, the consequences would certainly have been disastrous. A bad light would certainly have been shed on Ford because the brand new car that has only a few hundred miles had a brake failure. Add to it the fact that Ford had previously done warranty work on the brake system and I could see millions of dollars going to several injured parties. Whose fault would you deem it to have been?
Warranty work on brakes + Brake failure + CRASH + INJURIES =$$$$$$$$

WAKE UP FORD!!! YOU GOT LUCKY THIS TIME!!!

Fix the car and put and end to this idiocy.

Dana

The reality of a company like Ford is that they could care less about the needs of the one, and only look at the numbers the original dealer throws up at year end. Over the last 20 years, my worst car experiences have been with Ford, I am sorry to say. I had a bad crankshaft on my 1987 GT that was blamed on using a non-Ford OEM serpentine belt, although they freely admitted it was made by the same company that makes Ford's! I argued and waived that little Magnusson-Moss Act at them, but they were delighted to lose me as a customer forever, to save a few grand on the crankshaft replacement!

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
Very true Cobra'03 when I boubht my Cobra I called Ford credit to try to get them to match my banks intrest rate. (I have had loans through them for more then ten years and have exallent credit).The manager told me it is just ONE loan not worth the trouble. I told him that is way Ford is in the trouble they are now, its just one loan ,one car, one customer,one part but after a while all those ones start to add up.

WAKE UP FORD YOU ARE DRIVING POEPLE AWAY AND TO OTHER COMPANIES!!!!!!

Last edited:

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Thanks for showing up Dan. Well, it didn't go well - he is basically going to file a report with Dearborn. He said that if Ford fixes it, it will be "good will".

BUT - another member just contacted me from here who bought an anniversary Cobra recently and his BRAKE LINES look exactly like mine he says. Interesting..

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread