Western Canada: 1997 Cobra Coupe Forsale with 1.5KB

Toasty

Established Member
1997 SVT Cobra, Rio Red Exterior, Black Leather interior, 150,050 KM's.
Full load, Mach460 stereo, A/C, power drivers seat, keyless entry, etc etc.

$10,500 CDN

I'm the second owner, and the original owner purchased the car at Advantage Ford in Calgary.

(NOTE: 'TMS' in the ad below stands for 'The Mustang Shop' in Calgary)

Suspension Mods/Upgrades:
(All parts listed were purchased new from TMS unless noted)

- FRPP 03-04 Cobra Front lower control arms with improved balljoints and improved bushings
- M/M Bumpsteer tie rod ends.
- Energy Suspension Front rack bushings
- M/M Rear lower control arms
- Ford Racing 'B' Springs front and back
- Tokico HP Struts/Shocks.
- M/M 4 bolt C/C plates.
- Y2K Cobra R 18x9 wheels with 275/35/18 BFG KDW2's
- Replaced factory rear swaybar (improved design purchased from ford)
- Replaced front wheel bearing hubs (Ford) and brakes and rotors (Tirerack OEM) 2 driving seasons ago (about 4 years now since its barely been driven).

Engine/Transmission/Drivetrain Mods/Upgrades:

- Kenne Bell 1.5L Supercharger (non-intercooled). Pullies for 5.5, 7.5, 9.5 and 12 psi. 9.5 and 12psi never run by me on this car. Tuned by Matt @TMS
- 90mm LMAF, 39# injectors and 255lph Walbro intake fuel pump.
- JLT Cold Air Intake
- SCT Xcal3 handheld programmer
- SCT Pro Racer tuning package - bound to the computer ID in the car. Had aspirations to tune myself and never followed thru. This is a $600 package new.
- Zeitronix ZT-2 Wideband O2 and ZR2 gauge installed in a aftermarket dash bezel.
- New correct ford battery and factory battery insulated blanket (from Ford)
- Basanni X-Pipe with high flow cats
- FRPP 03-04 Cobra Aluminum Radiator
- New T-45 transmission 2 seasons ago
- MGW T-45 Shifter
- 03-04 Cobra Aluminum flywheel/clutch/pressure plate with new Ford clutch cable, pilot bearing and TOB and a UPR clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster 2 seasons ago
- Ford Racing Aluminum driveshaft
- Completely rebuilt 8.8 (seals + all bearings, and limited-slip clutches) with Ford racing 3.73 gears.

The car made 312/312 or so on the TMS dyno at 5.5 PSI which is pretty much spot on - Stock 96-98 Cobras usually dyno at @255 hp/tq on 'MD' style dynos, so at 10hp/psi (KB's guideline) 312 is right on. The 5.5 psi tune is for 91 octane, but I have run the 7.5 PSI pulley with 91 octane and a bottle of lucas octane boost in a tankful for the past 2 seasons now with no issues. There is probably another 20 RWHP in adding longtube headers to the car, but I liked the way the car sounded and the clearance over speed bumps with the stock exhaust plus Bassanni X Pipe.

I've spent a decent amount of cash on replacing some worn interior pieces with parts from TMS and from Latemodelresto.com (FR500 Steering wheel, floor mats, new gauge cluster lens, etc).

I also have a bunch of parts for this car, some original take-offs and some new:

Factory 97 rims
Original tranny, need 1-2 gear synchros replaced, otherwise fine.
All the original parts I have replaced on the car (intake, rad, headlights, shifter, etc etc)
New handmade leather parking brake handle boot.
Coil Pack to COP Conversion Harness made by 'RedMonster' on svtperformance + COP valvecovers from an 03 mach1
A ton of documentation including the SVT Build Certificate, Ford's 96 Cobra introduction DVD, most if not all receipts for parts/work on the car, etc.
Book/DVD on building 4.6 DOHC motors from Sean Hyland

I took the car to the Racecity 1/4 mile track in Calgary once shortly before it closed. Best time was a 12.4 at 106.5 on the KDW-2 street tires. This was running 9.5 PSI with 4 bottles of lucas octane boost in the tank to be safe. Thats the only time I've run the 9.5PSI pulley and the only time the car has seen the 1/4 mile. At 9.5PSI, the car should be making another 50HP over the MD Dyno numbers quoted above. My guess is dynojet numbers would be in the low to mid 400's at 9.5PSI.

Replies via PM only please. Will provide phone number once contacted.

cobra_3.jpgcobra_4.jpgcobra_5.jpgcobra_6.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread