weres the street racing at?

speedy98snake

Needs another Cobra
Established Member
just curious to see how often people street race. and i dont mean at street lights. i mean setting it up, meeting somewere and taking someones money! i race at least 5-10 times a month.

Niceride101

Established Member
what to you get to race you? We street race out here in chicago a bit.... Be careful i have been busted already once before...

Fordguy0915

Established Member
speedy98snake said:
just curious to see how often people street race. and i dont mean at street lights. i mean setting it up, meeting somewere and taking someones money! i race at least 5-10 times a month.

I use to streetrace quite a bit, now the penalties if caught are way to rich for my blood. It is not worth going to jail over OR getting your vehicle impounded. I occasionally go from a roll on the interstate, but I try to stay away from the "organized streetracing." I would rather pay $20 and go to the track and get some timeslips.

John :beer:

badboycali_559

Established Member
here in cali, u get ur car impounded and ur if ur motor is moded they seize the damn thing and i guess put it in teh patrol cars, i usually race at red lights with a radar detector, don't get involved with organized street racing, way too risky, always a undercover cop in one of the cars.

Cobrastruk04

:lol: thats so true i go out the street races alot i dont race alot but i cant help dusting away Evo's and STI from a launch :rollseyes but yea ive been busted out there before and they have a new thing where they enter your name in to a data base and if they pull you over out there in 90 days they impound your car for 30 days and you get ading in a betting for street racing even if you weren't street racing in the first place. I trying to keep my racing to the track and cutty little private streets. (which arent easy to find in the bay area)

Talus

LookingThroughAWideAngle
Established Member
it was a wednesday night thing spring-fall here in CT until the ricers started pulling holeshots in the parkinglot of the restaurant we would meet at. one kid actually got ran over by a civic and since then its been hard to find anyone who wants to line up

StngStr

Mustang-less
Established Member
Street racing is stupid, careless and dangerous. I'm glad you're on the other side of the country. I feel safer now.

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
Hey, I'm new on this board, but I've been in the Mustang scene for a couple years. I think organized street racing, unless it is out in the country, is retarded. People get hurt, cars get hurt, people get in trouble. I would just rather hit up Gateway Raceway and pay $15 for a controlled environment and have timeslips. I am 19 years old, I drive a modded Cobra, and I still think organized street racing is stupid.

LightningSteed

wheres the dancing girls?
Established Member
speedy98snake said:

the last I heard in CA they can take your car and keep it for street racing now due to all the ricers doing stupid crap.
I found this on the DMV's website as far as the law goes
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d11/vc23109.htm
I think they added something to it though for seizure of vehicles.

Allot of the guys in my Lightning club go to Fontana speedway
http://www.californiaspeedway.com/track/CaliforniaDragway.jsp
(next street legal drags are: 3/26 Noon Street Legals Car/Driver: $20, Spectator: $10 )
For $10.00 you get in another $10.00 you can race, typically you will probablly get about 4 runs in. there is safety staff there including an ambulance.
if you want to bet its up to you ( a couple guys in the club had a $1,000 bet last time out)
I grew up going to the street races friday and saturday nights but I also saw several bad accidents, a couple times cars not involved in the races running into participants cars because they had no clue what was going on.

My point is I'm sure you love your car so why risk losing it, and why have the burden of knowing you hurt someone else or yourself when you could have avoided it.
come on out in March (go early they cap attendence at about 400 cars now I believe)

FoMoCo408

2010 GT500
Established Member
Everyone should know (and probably do) this is exactly what started the NHRA. Also in California. It's just too cheap to got to the drag strip and have fun. It just don't get any better. Our local track is just an 1/8th mile but on test and tune night (Fridays) you can run back to back. I have made as many as 10 runs a night in my street car before.

91 trunk

Established Member
Well I have been running on the street for 12yrs. Yes-it's unsafe, but when was the last time you have done a 100 on the Expressway??? Come on you know you have. Let's face it. Ford didn't built a 390hp Cobra for the "track".

speedy98snake

Needs another Cobra
Established Member
wow alot of mixed opinions here. were all entitled to them. my mind is set though. ill street race until i cant push a clutch and slam a shifter. wish there was an orginized strip that we can street race at. in my area i heard that they might open one coming next summer. that will calm all the huff down with the fuzz.

overweight5.0

Established Member
RippinSVT said:
Hey, I'm new on this board, but I've been in the Mustang scene for a couple years. I think organized street racing, unless it is out in the country, is retarded. People get hurt, cars get hurt, people get in trouble. I would just rather hit up Gateway Raceway and pay $15 for a controlled environment and have timeslips. I am 19 years old, I drive a modded Cobra, and I still think organized street racing is stupid.

Rock on man, Its nice to know that there are some other young people dont add to the # of stupid young drivers that seem to roam this country ever sence F&F(im 17 btw). Its one thing to put your own life in danger but its another thing when your putting innocent lifes in danger. Take it to the track :rockon:

LightningSteed

Established Member
speedy98snake said:
wow alot of mixed opinions here. were all entitled to them. my mind is set though. ill street race until i cant push a clutch and slam a shifter. wish there was an orginized strip that we can street race at. in my area i heard that they might open one coming next summer. that will calm all the huff down with the fuzz.

Hey Speedy, some guys from our socal lightning owners club will be at Fontana on march 26th for the street legal drags( $10.00 to get in per person & another $10.00 if you wanna race)..come on down one of the guys in our club (JD) lives in Camarillo maybe you can convoy down if he's going.
http://www.socalloc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=895

also I'm hosting a dyno day on april 30th too at Brothers in Corona if you want to come..($40.00 for 3 pulls).
info here on the www.socalloc.com board:
http://www.socalloc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=772

Last edited:

speedy98snake

Needs another Cobra
Established Member
sweet man. ya i know jd. hes one of my best buddies. that street legal drags sounds good. a little bit of a drive but i think its worth it. thanks bro.

LightningSteed

Established Member
speedy98snake said:
sweet man. ya i know jd. hes one of my best buddies. that street legal drags sounds good. a little bit of a drive but i think its worth it. thanks bro.
cool well say hi to him, I just met him a few weeks back he picked up some Edelbrock shocks from me.
I don't know if he got his motor together yet, maybe you can talk him into riding down with you for the drags, I know he was planning to attend the dyno day in Corona on april 30th.

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
LightningSteed said:
cool well say hi to him, I just met him a few weeks back he picked up some Edelbrock shocks from me.
I don't know if he got his motor together yet, maybe you can talk him into riding down with you for the drags, I know he was planning to attend the dyno day in Corona on april 30th.

what up Ralph, im still waiting on that crank for the 393 stroker, they said to call back in like 2 weeks. but im still planning on coming down for the dyno wether i have the truck or not.
Los you street racing fiend! haha...
JD

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
and just to add to the topic, i love the adrenline from street racing, i cant do it now cause im awaiting a new motor. everything pretty much has been said. its risky, dangerous, dumb, and so on.... but here in camarillo you have to drive over an hour and a half away pay $20 for a crappy track out in the middle of no where. if they built a closer track, yes i would use it.

badboycali_559 said:
here in cali, u get ur car impounded and ur if ur motor is moded they seize the damn thing and i guess put it in teh patrol cars, i usually race at red lights with a radar detector, don't get involved with organized street racing, way too risky, always a undercover cop in one of the cars.

and you realize what you do is way more risky than street racing. i try never to race at red lights, why? you have pedstrians, cross traffic, another driver you dont know, who could have the ablities of a blind monkey to control his car, and you are way more liable to run into a random cop than out in an open field.
by racing in the back roads (which is what speedy98snake is talking about) you elminate a lot more risk factors than from stop light to stop light.
and yes you are all entitled to your opinions, and unforuntly the rice game has johnny law out way more becuase of their retarded behavior...
lateee
JD

Users who are viewing this thread