were to hook?

efroeh

Established Member
I am getting my car tomorrow:banana: and would like to know were is the best place to hook a tie down strap to secure it in a enclosed trailer? Any suggestions and advice would
be greatly appreciated. Pics would help a bunch too thanks

JimIII@jdm

There are two decent sized holes on the bottom side of the K member that we use here all the time.

Eviltwins344

Creepy Lurker
Established Member
I struggled with this recently as my OCD compelled me to pick up an enclosed trailer for transport to the track and long distance shows. I went to Summit and picked up a MAC pro tie down kit that comes with four 6ft ratchet straps, 4 axle straps (24" dual D-ring), and fleece wraps for the axle straps.

In addition, I picked up a "J" hook set that would allow me to hook into the K-Member holes mentioned above. For the back I found it easier to loop my axle straps around the Lower Control Arm drop brackets and cross all four straps. Being that my car is lowered this seems to be the easiest and most effective way to do it.

I had to build a set of 8ft wooden ramps to raise and extend the existing rear door/ramp on the trailer. Since trying to thread the needle with getting the car between the wheel wells of the trailer was wayyyy to stressful, I picked up a winch so I could see from standing outside, where the car was pointed.

All this started out with the same question you asked......."Where can I hook to" LOL

u6una5e7.jpg
upa9agy9.jpg
ehasy4yz.jpg

Last edited:

Eviltwins344

Creepy Lurker
Established Member
It's a bitch doing it with the front splitter on!

You got that right....With the splitter on its easier to throw the hook under the front and grab it from behind the front tire. The eyelet is closer to the back/rear of the front tires than in front of them.

Kapy

Established Member
Isn't this explained in the SVT manual that came with the car? I know I read it.

Derek5774

Established Member
From the 2013 GT500 Owners Manual Supplement - Page 30

TransportationInstructions_zps7dea5206.gif
exactly what I do, until I got the BMR K-member, now I I have a place that the hook will latch into,
I was having these same thoughts a while back, some put straps around A-arms
and for the rear, I just go around the axle
and cross all straps, car doesn't move at all

mach330

Established Member
exactly what I do, until I got the BMR K-member, now I I have a place that the hook will latch into,
I was having these same thoughts a while back, some put straps around A-arms
and for the rear, I just go around the axle
and cross all straps, car doesn't move at all

I'm with stupid ^ :beer:

Doesn't move an inch. Getting ready for a 2600 mile trek, that's how mine will be strapped down.

svt662

Established Member
I used the mac wheel straps and they worked perfect at four corners on my featherlite 3110 open trailer. You will need a couple pieces of wood because these Shelby's are a little low even with no splitter.

Husky44

Established Member
I highly recommend the over-the-tire straps. You're not hooking to a sprung mounting point (like the K-member). Although highly unlikely with our car, it is possible to bounce a car loose when hooking to anyplace that is not solid (such as rear axle, A-arm, or tires).

Plus, you don't have to deal with crawling around under the car to hook up to axle tubes or K-member.

PM me if you have more questions.

efroeh

Established Member
Hey guys thanks for all the advice I got the guys at the dealer to take off the front splitter for ease of loading went on real easy. Now in garage spliter back on cleaned waiting for roads to dry and warm weather. Straped just as the manual said ghe front was tuff to get under so I taped the hook to a broom handel and hooked it like that worked amazing then pulled it free.

Users who are viewing this thread