We're is my oil going

HIPSI

Established Member
Posted Today, 01:46 PM
I'm losing about 4 qts every 3000 miles leak down is good under 10percent on all cylinders no oil on plugs,car runs great,and no smoke from exhaust,single turbo 03 cobra transplant,only thing I can think bad seal on turbo.also I only get condensation water in my catch can no oil ,no oil in exhaust

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
If your seals were letting go you would know it by the amount of smoke coming out. Any oil under the car?

Dasaliac03

TWINscrewed
Established Member
my buddy had an issue with his vette drinking oil, he blamed it on his upgraded oil pump........claimed it just sucked it right out of the pan

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
possibly letting a little to much oil go into the turbo. its probably going out the exhaust in small amounts not really noticable because no smoke. with a hv oil pump you need to jet down the turbo oil fed line.

should have about 5 oz at idle for 30 seconds. before mine was jetted down i was running 9.5 oz at idle. which is the max you want going through the turbo at full throttle.

HIPSI

Established Member
possibly letting a little to much oil go into the turbo. its probably going out the exhaust in small amounts not really noticable because no smoke. with a hv oil pump you need to jet down the turbo oil fed line.

should have about 5 oz at idle for 30 seconds. before mine was jetted down i was running 9.5 oz at idle. which is the max you want going through the turbo at full throttle.
my problem just started in past few months,it's been fine the last 2yrs that's why I fig. Seal s going bad

Users who are viewing this thread