went to track tonight : (

buckinwild

Established Member
So went out for the midnite madness session at the local strip tonight and was a little disappointed, despite what few mod's i've done to the car it went at best the same et as the first time i took it out only with better weather conditions. I only did 2 passes but first was 9.06 and second was 9.20. I don't get it first time out after i bought the car 2 years ago it spun for an eternity seemed like and weather was hot/humid and i run a best of 8.96 pretty much stock, tonight it spun less and weather was close to optimum and this happens:mj: The only upside to this was my time was a few hundredths quicker than a LS1 TA and a couple new'ish looking Nissan Z's were running 9.4's. Darn, you shell out close to a thousand dollars you'd expect more than this though, i took the diablo tune out after i got home. I may try to sell it since my impending unemployment will probably cause me to lose the car anyway.:(

clc44

Established Member
If you could get a CUSTOM tune that will probably help. I would compare the slips from before and after. If your 60' is worse there ya go, if the MPH is up there ya go. If not then I would check into a good tune though. Good luck with getting a job. Hate to see these things for sale and good luck with the car!!

nelos04

Established Member
I have DR's on a stock rear and has held in there for about 2 years of abuse. To op when I install my Diablo tune my car ran like shiz,get it tuned or find someone that knows how to do some good adjustments for you.

buckinwild

Established Member
I have DR's on a stock rear and has held in there for about 2 years of abuse. To op when I install my Diablo tune my car ran like shiz,get it tuned or find someone that knows how to do some good adjustments for you.
Still iffy that I'll be able to hang on to the car since the place I work is about to shutdown but if I'm able then having it tuned will be a top priority.

buckinwild

Established Member
If you could get a CUSTOM tune that will probably help. I would compare the slips from before and after. If your 60' is worse there ya go, if the MPH is up there ya go. If not then I would check into a good tune though. Good luck with getting a job. Hate to see these things for sale and good luck with the car!!
Thanks, I need all the luck I can get jobwise. I'll have to go for test and tune to get slips to see 60 ft times, they don't give those out at midnite madness just scoreboards only. The mph was down by 1 also according to wife.

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
NOT on a stock rearend :poke:

People like you kill me and flood forums with your lack of knowledge. Have you broken your rear with radials? I ran mickey thompson et street and did 4500 slipping the clutch FAST and nothing happened. I love the words "dr's will break your rear". Get some drag radials OP. Use the car for what it's made for. I learned a lot from this board but i also learned that unless you've tried something yourself than you shouldn't speak on it!

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
People like you kill me and flood forums with your lack of knowledge. Have you broken your rear with radials? I ran mickey thompson et street and did 4500 slipping the clutch FAST and nothing happened. I love the words "dr's will break your rear". Get some drag radials OP. Use the car for what it's made for. I learned a lot from this board but i also learned that unless you've tried something yourself than you shouldn't speak on it!

flood forum huh. ok. your right, i havent broke the rearend in my mach because im on nittos and i wouldnt even call them DR. I know 3 people intown that has broke there stock 28 rear on MT and Nittos. Read up on the M1R and theres alot of people that will say the same thing as me. Yes, some people do get lucky but most dont. What did you have MTs on the mach or your cobra? the cobra has 31 so you wouldnt break the rear and i hope your 2.0 60' foot time in the mach wasnt on MT because if so then thats why you didnt break it.

OP. put some MT on it but i would have 1000 or so for a rear but by the sounds of your job and all i dont think that would be the smartest thing to do but thats just me and i have never broke the rear end in my car so i dont know what im talkin about.

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
flood forum huh. ok. your right, i havent broke the rearend in my mach because im on nittos and i wouldnt even call them DR. I know 3 people intown that has broke there stock 28 rear on MT and Nittos. Read up on the M1R and theres alot of people that will say the same thing as me. Yes, some people do get lucky but most dont. What did you have MTs on the mach or your cobra? the cobra has 31 so you wouldnt break the rear and i hope your 2.0 60' foot time in the mach wasnt on MT because if so then thats why you didnt break it.

OP. put some MT on it but i would have 1000 or so for a rear but by the sounds of your job and all i dont think that would be the smartest thing to do but thats just me and i have never broke the rear end in my car so i dont know what im talkin about.

I ran them on both cars. I know of 5 people who run the same tires on 28 spline solid axle cars. They cut anywhere from mid 1.7's to low 1.8's. M1R is a joke man. There are a handfull of helpfull people but other than that everyone kinda just "reads' instead of actually "doing".

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
Like i said some people get away with it and some dont. If you dont come off the line hard then yes you will prolly be fine but whats the fun is MTs if you dont come off the line at 4000rpm haha. the 3 people i know didnt and i dont have the money to just drop on a rearend right now so im not goin to push my luck. the car isnt my DD but still would like to drive it.

buckinwild

Established Member
Definitely all mod plans are on hold right now. Was at one point going to do 4.10's, forged axles and dr's but job started going downhill a couple years ago and I figured it was close down eventually so I restrained from modding up the car too much. Most of whats on it now was carried over from my previous 02 gt.

Users who are viewing this thread