Went to the track today and .....

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
1/8 track here in Virginia, was test and tune day.

I really didn't want to go but my son talked me into it.

1st run = 8.67
2nd run = 8.17
3rd run = 8.13
4th run = 8.08

All i did was spin and or wheel hop thru first and part of second on the stock F1's.

The car just pulled so hard.

My last run is below. I guess it's good???

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Originally posted by SoCalBlk03
That equates to roughly a mid 12; atleast based off of my timeslips :thumbsup:

Yes using the universal formula 1/8 time x 1.55 = 12.52 for the 1/4 and spin city.

If I can ever afford some slicks I thing I am easily in the 11's

:beer:

jleews6

Established Member
congrats Mike Good times .Im in Massachusetts and i just checked my email at home and saw the mail from you.I am happy for you but i must say you got me a little nervous.You got me by a tenth in the 1/8th so thats about two tenths in the 1/4.Looks like i have to go back to the drawing board.I went 89 mph in the 1/8th so at least i have a chance on a roll.My trip down to the track in nc last weekend didn't go to well.I drove three hours all to get a flat about three miles from the track.Steve got to run his cobra and ran some 10.7 @ 132.We will be going to VMP in a couple weeks and i hope you can make it.It would be nice to see you run some low 12s:beer:

How did you'r son make out today?

JWC

Established Member
jleews6, I live in Powhatan County, VA and I will be going to VMP soon also to run my 03 for the first time. What color is your car? That 12.53 is strong!
John

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Originally posted by jleews6
congrats Mike Good times .Im in Massachusetts and i just checked my email at home and saw the mail from you.I am happy for you but i must say you got me a little nervous.You got me by a tenth in the 1/8th so thats about two tenths in the 1/4.Looks like i have to go back to the drawing board.I went 89 mph in the 1/8th so at least i have a chance on a roll.My trip down to the track in nc last weekend didn't go to well.I drove three hours all to get a flat about three miles from the track.Steve got to run his cobra and ran some 10.7 @ 132.We will be going to VMP in a couple weeks and i hope you can make it.It would be nice to see you run some low 12s:beer:

How did you'r son make out today?

Hey John!
Yeh today was pretty cool, lots of lurkers around my car. Need slicks bad.
I found that by feathering the go pedal I was able to get a decent launch on the f1's even though my 60ft is not good my 1/8 mile time shows the car pulls real hard. I believe I can cut another 1/2 second or more with slicks.

My 3rd run today was against a major modded 02 ss that ran a 8.47 to my 8.13 and he pulled a car on me off the line but I went by him at about half track.

Andrew ran a 9 flat with his talon and he was the second fastest import there today. He had some bog problems at first, he had his turbo controller turned up way to high.

Steve run sounds excellent, did he win?

Yes I want to go to vmp.

So with your flat tire you didn't run at all or did you get it fixed???

Mike

:beer:

jleews6

Established Member
T3 cobra When i got the flat tire i didn'y bother fixing it because it killed my tire so i have to get a new one when i get back home.What color was the SS?I Raced a black one in Roanoke a couple weeks ago that had a ton of stuff done and i killed him bad.

It's good to se that Andrew ran good.If he goes with us to VMP i will show him some tricks that he can do to pick up a couple tenths.

JWC Thanks.I think it runs good for such little work.Next time i go to the track i hope to go some 12.2 @ 115/116 but who knows.My car is red with torque thrust wheels.I will let you know when we go and maybe we can all meet up and hang out and do some racing.:beer:

What color is you'r car?I will look for you.

T3 I have some ET streets from my GN if you want to use them.I might even have some wheels to put them on.

SC457A

Established Member
hehehe.. didnt want to go till son talked you into it.. if your like me.. took 3 seconds of talking.

some good times, i should have 1000miles on mine today .. might have to visit 1/8 track if i get all my work done on my race car

stock car.. so im hoping for high 8s i guess

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Originally posted by jleews6
T3 cobra When i got the flat tire i didn'y bother fixing it because it killed my tire so i have to get a new one when i get back home.What color was the SS?I Raced a black one in Roanoke a couple weeks ago that had a ton of stuff done and i killed him bad.

It's good to se that Andrew ran good.If he goes with us to VMP i will show him some tricks that he can do to pick up a couple tenths.

JWC Thanks.I think it runs good for such little work.Next time i go to the track i hope to go some 12.2 @ 115/116 but who knows.My car is red with torque thrust wheels.I will let you know when we go and maybe we can all meet up and hang out and do some racing.:beer:

What color is you'r car?I will look for you.

T3 I have some ET streets from my GN if you want to use them.I might even have some wheels to put them on.

John,
The ss was black, maybe the same one? If it had been a street race or 1/4 mile I would have also killed him bad, I was really pulling away fast.
What size are the slicks ... please tell me 26x10.5x16 ????
My son told me that a girl that was there with his friends was filming, so I will try to get the video, the problem is that it was done on a older video cam (not digital), so how to get it in a computer? Andrew would appreciate any hints and tricks you know!!!

JWC yes let's try an put something together?

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Originally posted by SC457A
hehehe.. didnt want to go till son talked you into it.. if your like me.. took 3 seconds of talking.

some good times, i should have 1000miles on mine today .. might have to visit 1/8 track if i get all my work done on my race car

stock car.. so im hoping for high 8s i guess

When I was stock my best was an 8.90 with tires spinning. Check out the video of that run at the bottom of my sig....

:lol: My son has drag racing in his blood.
I didn't want to go because I don't like 1/8 mile but he called me a pussy so I just had to go then .... :lol: :lol:

SC457A

Established Member
i went to the track today... made two runs in my cobra

stock cept for bassani cat back, full tank of gas.. no tire pressure changes

2.31 60' YUCK , did a dump and bog motor style luanch
8.66@ 86.2

2nd run
2.19 60' same launch.. little more agressive
[email protected]

was happy went home

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Originally posted by SC457A
i went to the track today... made two runs in my cobra

stock cept for bassani cat back, full tank of gas.. no tire pressure changes

2.31 60' YUCK , did a dump and bog motor style luanch
8.66@ 86.2

2nd run
2.19 60' same launch.. little more agressive
[email protected]

was happy went home

That is excellent for a stock cobra in the 1/8 and your not broke in yet ... hell I am modded chip, pulley, bassani x-pipe and only ran less than a 1/2 second faster.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Re: Re: Went to the track today and .....

Originally posted by Tetge
You might do low 12's in the 1/4 based upon your 1/8th times. There was an 03 at LACR today running about your 1/8 times and doing 12.15's in the 1/4. Compared to my car, the splits opened up on the top end when his extra torque and HP really started to pay off. I was 2- 2 1/2 10's off of his 1/8th and 6 10ths off his 1/4. That's more than the 1.5 X the 1/8 mile time rule, which the traction limited Cobra may not adhere to. When you do the second 1/8th, you have zero traction problems and you really start to lay down the RWHP and RWTq.

Hopefully in 2 weeks I will arrive at a 1/4 mile track and find out for sure.

I think your right b/c at half track in the 1/8 my cobra was pulling really hard so adding another 1/8 would probably lower my times farther than x 1.55.

Users who are viewing this thread