went to the track need advice!!!

98v8

Established Member
Well I went to the local 1/8th mile track tonight and got some horrible times.
My best time of the night was a 9.185 @ 83.64 mph with 2.26 60ft my best speed of the nightwas 9.3778 @ 85.08 wwith 2.39 60ft. My car completely spins through the whole track. So I need to know what is the best thing to do to help stop the spinning? Car has longtube headers zodiac intake and dump tune. Is also a 3.73 brembo car six speed manual. For tires I have cooper rs3a with 255/40/19. Any help is appreciated guys thanks

JasinEdward

Established Member
I am in the same boat as you. I keep hearing drag radials, lower control arms, technique, and seat time. I think when it comes down to it, you'll hear that over and over.... good luck though!:banana:

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Yeah..... with stock tires you basically need to slip the clutch @ around 2k and roll the gas pedal in first avoid power shifting into 2nd.

98v8

Established Member
Thanks for the advice guys can someone point me in a good direction with some control arms and a drag tire setup? I've never done either mod to a car what size rims and tires should I be looking at? What brand tire is the best? Sorry for all my noobiness guys

Quesplosive

Atomic Snake #3
Established Member
I am in the same boat as you. I keep hearing drag radials, lower control arms, technique, and seat time. I think when it comes down to it, you'll hear that over and over.... good luck though!:banana:

^ this. Ide try the tires first if you are strapped for cash. But if you are not then uca, lca, uca mount, tires, strange shocks, n seat time.

BDFabrizio

Registered Abuser
Established Member
I'm in the same boat. I've previously been 12.20's on my current setup but tonight I couldn't do any better then a 13.00. I spun down the whole track, even broke loose into 4th. I think 90% of the problem tonight was track prep.

I've got lower control arms and they helped but not enough. My next mod is going to be an upper control arm and mount. After that my plan is to pick up a drag setup. I think drag tires are going to end up being the only thing that'll make your car hook.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Thanks for the advice guys can someone point me in a good direction with some control arms and a drag tire setup? I've never done either mod to a car what size rims and tires should I be looking at? What brand tire is the best? Sorry for all my noobiness guys

Get 2 rear 15x10 race stars or weld rts. And since your a 3.73 get some stiff sidewall 28x10.5R15 mickey thompson slicks and watch your times drop.

Quesplosive

Atomic Snake #3
Established Member
Cash is a little tight but I'm scared I'm gonna break something on radials or slicks

Slicks are a lot more forgiving than dr's. Ive seen three cars one night with them hook and break on the line at the local track after a pro event prepped track. I stopped dreaming of a hard launch in my cobra and practiced the art of riding the clutch. lol With the sra Im dumping at 5200 with my Hoosier slicks.

Last edited:

neatofrito1618

Established Member
60' could use some work but it looks like shifting might be your biggest problem judging by your ET and traps.

98v8

Established Member
Well I was shifting around 6500 I try not to shift to third to fast or I get locked put if I try to slam it in. But I think I'm going to try some slicks and see if that helps. Wheel hop was pretty bad as well. Thanks for the advice guys

Users who are viewing this thread