went to the track last night, clutch issue?

TheDarkness03

MOAR DOTS!!!
Established Member
so i went to the drag strip last night for the first time with some nice sticky tires. after my 3rd and final run, i noticed that the clutch felt kinda weird (like real spongy) and it seemed to be engaging a lot closer to the floor. i cruised it home for about an hour and a half with no issues except that its now more difficult to put it in gear (especially reverse) from a stop. its a stock clutch with miles unknown. is the clutch on it's way out? or does it need some kind of adjustment? thanks :thumbsup:

KoBra2.2blk04vt

gone but not forgotten
Established Member
You probly wore you clutch disc down some, do you have a fire wall adjuster, or the stock set up? Getting traction really pushes the clutch material, to adjust the stock clutch I think you push the clutch in 5 times and then you lift it up with the top of you foot if I remember correctly. I use slicks when I race and man it's hard on the clutch, but it's alot of fun.

TheDarkness03

MOAR DOTS!!!
Established Member
yeah it was a helluva good time...i hit 11's for my first time last night :banana:

as far as i know it's all stock (clutch, adjuster, quadrant).

KoBra2.2blk04vt

gone but not forgotten
Established Member
Since it's still stock try to adjust the clutch like I mentioned, if that does not work maybe a fire wall adjuster and a quadant are in order, when you race the plastic stock quadrant gets hot and wants to bend making shifting very hard to do.

TheDarkness03

MOAR DOTS!!!
Established Member
ok, i'll give it a try when i get home tonight...does the car have to be running or anything? or it doesn't matter? sorry, i don't know too much about clutch operation :shrug:

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Since it's still stock try to adjust the clutch like I mentioned, if that does not work maybe a fire wall adjuster and a quadant are in order, when you race the plastic stock quadrant gets hot and wants to bend making shifting very hard to do.

Could't agree more:rockon:....I got a firewall adjuster/quadrant installed...night and day difference...will be going to the track Friday to see if it has fixed my problem...

Users who are viewing this thread