Went to the track here in NC Today!

69Mach1351w

Established Member
Horrible times, but i was my very first time to the track period. Ive only watched races, this is first time i ran any car.

03 cobra 10th ann, convertable(full weight w/ driver was about 4000 lbs I weigh 195).
KNN FIPK, basanni O/r x and flow crap-back, UPR shifter, 26 spline input shaft and spec 3+ clutch. 2.8 upper B/F idlers.

The runs were on nitto 555R's at 25 PSI.

Best was only a damn 12.600 @114.18, 2.18 60 ft, and i believe like 8.34 for the eight, the slips are in the car... dont feel like getting them right now.

I had a blast, so im deff. going to go again, but I am disappointed with the driver mod = slow times. I was so nervous the first few times i went i just dropped the clutch @ 1600, bogged like hell, and only cut the 12.60. I need to powershift at least 1 - 2, but 2 - 3 im not comfortable doing(hard for me to powershift it)

I dunno, what can you guys recommend to help me. Lower the tire pressure, and what RPM's should i leave at? Powershift or no?

Dont flame me too much :lol:

Last edited:

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Air the nittos down to 12 to 16lbs(experiment). Launch harder(3000 to 4000)depending on track conditions. Don't forget to do a 2nd gear burnout. Doesn't have to be real long, but get the tires to smoke. Definately need to power shift. I have a pro 5.0 shifter and love it. Makes power shifts a breeze. I think with enough practice you should be able to crack the 11s. If you experience any wheel hop abort the run. I was able to cut a 1.70 on 305/35/18 nittos, but that was on a well prepped track. Most of my 60' were low 1.90 range. Still good enough to get in the 11s. If you can get another set of wheels I recommend et streets.

69Mach1351w

Established Member
thanks man. The track was prepped pretty good, ony time i got wheel hop was at the start of my second gear brake torque. It smoothed out perfectly though. I think i need to just practice, and launch at at least 3000, i mean, It just bogged its ass off at the launch, i almost would rather have a little spin than to bog.

Oh well, it was fun :)

BO TY KLR

Established Member
When I ran nitto's about 5 yrs ago they really needed alot of heat. They may have changed the compound since then though. But you really need to air them things down to 12-15lb as stated above to get them to hook.

69Mach1351w

Established Member
yeah, i really have horrible 60 ' times. I studied my time sheets, and the 12.98 run had a 60' of i think 2.15 the 12.6 run was around 2.05 so that much = a shit load of difference. I need to lower the PSI and launch the damn thing!

Users who are viewing this thread