went to the track and went WAY slower

jakhammer

Established Member
Ok, last year I had set my best time and 60ft (12.74 @ 106.58 and 1.83 second 60 foot). Today I went to the track with my stage 4 stiegemeier port and 28" slicks. I ran .2 faster than my stock time. I was stuck in the 13.4x at 103.x. 6 runs, all with cool down of about 20 minutes between runs. Launching at 1800-1900rpm and WOT from the line, no tire spin, temps for mst runs 80-83 degrees with humitidy around 70%, 560 ish feet above sea level. Best 60 foot was a 1.99 on slicks (I ran my 1.83 on street treads with a 1200 rpms launch and rolled into the throttle). I have not run this slow since I have modded (unless I had a bad launch and spun like mad). Also, the truck is so slow out of the hole, but then about 4k rpms it just comes right into it and pulls like a freight train. I want to blame the port since its the only thng that has changed since last year. This is not a reclocked stage 4, its one of the originals.

And its not my tune, I am running 12.0+:1 a/f will 3500, then drops to 11.5-11.7 the rest of the way, no tq reduction, and 16* timing. Tuned by Sal.

so what should i do. I lost peak and low end torque with the port (dyno'd -17ftlbs peak) but gained hp and tq above 3800. Boost builds slow (im guessing this is the reason I have less tq). should i try a reclock or just say screw it and get another stock eaton? at this point i think a stock eaton with a #5 (instead of my #4) and meth injection seems like the way to go.

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
Hey man, that's close to the same thing that happened to me. I lost 1/2 sec and 3mph in BETTER weather! And worse, I'm never off my more then a tenth in hot humid temps. I have no idea what it is, no MOD changes!!! In fact, after the first time my times got slower, I cleaned the IC and intake, added a Metco Idler assy, TR6s, 12" K&N and still no improvments!!! I'm at a lose. Some think it may be either my tranny or Torque Converter, but my fluid is still pink, and it don't stink, still smells sweet. Hell, I've even got a Custom Tune now over the canned Predator tune that I ran my best times with!!!

Slow Off

Established Member
HalfTime said:
Hey man, that's close to the same thing that happened to me. I lost 1/2 sec and 3mph in BETTER weather! And worse, I'm never off my more then a tenth in hot humid temps. I have no idea what it is, no MOD changes!!! In fact, after the first time my times got slower, I cleaned the IC and intake, added a Metco Idler assy, TR6s, 12" K&N and still no improvments!!! I'm at a lose. Some think it may be either my tranny or Torque Converter, but my fluid is still pink, and it don't stink, still smells sweet. Hell, I've even got a Custom Tune now over the canned Predator tune that I ran my best times with!!!

Same here. The addition of a Stage 4 Stieg after the reclocking netted a loss of 2MPH and .4 in the 1/4. This was also in much better weather. Needless to say, i now own a KB. Good luck with yours.

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
Oh, I didn't get a port. Mine is just all of a suden slower! I WISH I had a port that I could blame it on... lol.
I though Steig has fixed thier ports now? Weren't they fixing the bad ones too?

SVTman75

My wallet hates me!
Established Member
What was the temp on the track? He said 80-83 degrees @ the track...but i've found some tracks to be hotter than what the actual temp was due to the pavement actually being hot after and all day sun cooking.

Do you have any aftermarket cooling? Like H/E or a bigger coolant tank?

jakhammer

Established Member
No after market cooling. not sure what the track temp was. But after talking with Sal, he is pretty sure its all in the weather. So, I will wait till good air comes back to Michigan before I make any conclusions on the set up and what to do.

Chris

bmfgsxr

Established Member
what was the weather like on your best times? although losing tq isnt a good way to get these lightnings off the line either.. i havent heard much good from these stage 4 ports either.

Users who are viewing this thread