Went to the track again! I'm getting better...

Wayne64SS

Established Member
Went back this week because I knew the car had a lot more in it. Last week my best pass was a 13.42 @ 107

Last night my best time was 12.98 @ 111. I didn't change a thing on the car! She's still bone stock with a K&N FIPK. I know the car can do better, my second to last run I missed 4th (I was so mad i just put it in neutral and coasted) and turned a 13.1 @ 92mph. lol!

Feels great to be in the 12 second club, I'm determined to put down 12.7s. I think the MPH is there, its all in the launch. Remember I'm doing all this on stock size sumihomos. :beer: I was psyched, so i figured i'd post!

mrspeedy69

W.O.R.D.
Established Member
Nice times, it takes practice and just the right touch on street tires to get the ET down. It took me many many runs till I got my all stock cobra to hit 12.7.

Steve2050

Established Member
It has a lot to do with 60' times. Some people think that drag racing is so easy until they actually try it. Keep at it, you'll definitely get better.

Vae_Victus

Established Member
It has a lot to do with 60' times. Some people think that drag racing is so easy until they actually try it. Keep at it, you'll definitely get better.

i was one of those fools. Now i am an educated fool. :D

To the OP...good times bro keep at it. By best time stock was 12.8 so u definately have a little more in her. Just keep practising and always remember to cool her down between runs as heat is ur biggest enemy. When i ran 12.8 i had to let her cool off in the shade for about an hour and a half. Before that run and after it i ran a constant 13.0-13.2

good luck buddy and keep us posted on future runs.

vae victus

metaman

Established Member
Get some sticky tires, preload the drivetrain, and leave at higher RPM's and you will run much faster. Preloading the drive train is where you hold the emergency brake on the line, then for a split second when you are letting the clutch out, you allow the rear brakes to hold the power to take the slack out of the drive train. This prevents the bog out of the hole and also alot of wheel hop. You just have to be quick on the draw and time it right. I actually practiced it with the car sitting still and turned off.

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
Good for you man. I think the air up there was better than last Wed night. How was it packed up there?

Wayne64SS

Established Member
id say about the same amount of people as last time. ill def try preloading it!

thanks for the tips guys i cant wait to go again and to really get a good time! i keep forgetting to make a jumper for the intercooler pump. gonna try tthat too.

Users who are viewing this thread