went to the track, a new best

whtcobra1998

Jet Powered
Established Member
went to the track this weekend, it had a very bad prep job. I kept spinning the slicks (28" et streets) in all gears, ran 6 1/8 mile passes than 1 full 1/4 mile pass trying to bring my 1/8 mile down. went from 2.2 60fts and 8.5 1/8 mile to this a 10.7 in the 1/4. this was on low boost 16psi and a 50 shot to help over come the converter not being a high enough stall.
IMAG0060.jpg
and this was with irs and road race springs in the front, so no weight transfer. full interior, stereo and a sub. irs, auto with a 03 block so its no lightweight

BLK_03

Established Member
Not bad. It definitely sucks when you are trying to come up with ways to overcome a converter that is too tight and won't let you get up on boost.

dover

vettekiller
Established Member
car mph'ed like crazy! Nice pass though. How much boost are you building at the line? Spinning?

whtcobra1998

Jet Powered
Established Member
car mph'ed like crazy! Nice pass though. How much boost are you building at the line? Spinning?

i was only building about 2 psi, I had to use the 50 shot of nitrous to overcome the lack of boost, it kicks in around 4k, I would spin in first of the line, spin on the shift to second and to 3rd. the only t hing im trying to figure out is when i had no nitrous and boost issues in first i could run a 12.5 @ 128mph.

whtcobra1998

Jet Powered
Established Member
Nice, get that convertor done! :beer:

I need to but Im more persistent at finding out why only 16-17 psi. Blow off valve pushed open, wastgate leaking, turbo air flow mixed out? Boost controller is mated and is good for 29 psi. But I need to get a driving tune. Wot is great.

32Valvefox

Established Member
not a bad mph! did you remove the 3.73's due to over revving? ive got a 4.6 with a gt45 in my fox with a 4r70w manual vb and trans brake with a 3k stall and 3.73 gears. I couldnt get down the track without taking the car to ~7300 each shift. Did you switch back to 3.27 gears because of revving to high? im contemplating going with 3.55's to keep it below 7grand.

whtcobra1998

Jet Powered
Established Member
not a bad mph! did you remove the 3.73's due to over revving? ive got a 4.6 with a gt45 in my fox with a 4r70w manual vb and trans brake with a 3k stall and 3.73 gears. I couldnt get down the track without taking the car to ~7300 each shift. Did you switch back to 3.27 gears because of revving to high? im contemplating going with 3.55's to keep it below 7grand.

i went with 3.27 because the harder you load the car/stay in boost the faster it is down the track making power. if i get the power up some more i might go back to sra with 3.08 gears. i switched my 3.73 sra to 3.27 irs due to building this car as a street car not a drag car, so i wanted the ride and handling. right now its basically a turboed/auto, road race set up street car. go with 3.27 as an auto on 28's.

whtcobra1998

Jet Powered
Established Member
get a 2step to help with the boost problems off the line.

its got a 2 step, the converter is to tight when releasing the trans brake-reason for spraying nitrous after letting of the brake to build the boost, I know this car is 9 sec capable with just a little more boost and et drags, the et streets i have on spin and skate to much.
here was the run
th_034.jpg

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
Have you thought about getting a smaller a/r housing to help it spool quicker instead of messing with the converter. My converter flashed to 3000 and starts making boost.
My 2v is running about your same mph but quicker with only 12psi.

whtcobra1998

Jet Powered
Established Member
Have you thought about getting a smaller a/r housing to help it spool quicker instead of messing with the converter. My converter flashed to 3000 and starts making boost.
My 2v is running about your same mph but quicker with only 12psi.

I had made a quick spool valve, it dropped spool by 1k rpm. I am still having trouble with the boost controller but im working out the bugs. the car really comes alive at 5k rpm but just makes the tires break loose and skate all the way down the track in each gear. this set up should run deep into the 9's i just got to get it to the ground and a little more boost, and i still want to keep the irs for now

Users who are viewing this thread