Went to the Nopi show in Atlanta

DScott600

Established Member
I have a couple of friends who are into Supras and RX-7's and one who is all into the imports. Anyway they went to Atlanta this weekend to go to the Nopi show and wanted me to go too. So I decide what the hell, I would like to see what this is all about. Of cource I had to take the Cobra with my new Magnaflow exhaust. When I get close to the exit our hotel is at I start seeing rice everywhere. I'm very excited now because the Cobra was hungry after the 1 and 45 minute drive. I managed to knock off 3 riced out Eclipses, 1 Eagle Talon, and 2 Civics within a 10 mile stretch. There was nothing but rice everywhere when I got to the hotel and a couple of guys were calling my car the classic rustang and "hey look their is the enemy". The show itself had it's good points. There were alot of hot chicks signing posters. Some of the Supras and RX-7's were really nice and I did see a Lamborghini and a Ferrari 360 Modena. I got to see a Viper that belonged to some 19 year old with a big fat aluminum Pep Boy's wing on the back. There were so many ugly cars there. I can't believe what some of these people think is cool. I do have to hand it to some of them. They have spent alot of time and money making their cars unique. And it was nice to see a some real imports done the right way, if you can call a anything they do right, instead of the typical Pep Poys wing and Fart pipe wannabes I see everywhere. While driving around I fully expected to meet up with one of the heavy hitters and get my ass handed to me but it never happened. Most of the heavy hitters where trailer queens and I'd say 98% of the cruisers where wannabes, but they were above average and there was one Eclipse that I only got by a car. Now beyond the weird things some of these guys did to their cars, which I can deal with, there was a few things that really made me mad. I saw only a couple of GT mustangs and they were riced out too. I saw a few V6 stangs really riced out something terrible. But the car that pissed me off the most was a V6 stang that had a full Saleen S-351 kit complete with chrome Saleen rims. It even had the S-351 stickers. What gave it away was the V6 brakes and the lack of a dual exhaust since he keep the hood closed. In conclusion I can say I will not go back to that. However it was fun to bully the ricers around, in fact a whole lot of cars backed down after I reved at them with (I love that Magnaflow). I even got some compliments on my car and of cource a whole lot of stares being the rare car there. I only saw 1 other Cobra cruising and it was a 2001. There were some idiots though and alot of people pulled over but overall they were nice. So it was ok to go once just to see Atlanta Motor Speedway if anything else. Now I need to save my money up so I can mod the Cobra alot more just in case I do run up on a highly modded Supra one day. I know I shouldn't have raced so much but I didn't do any 140 mph blasts or anything but around the rice I couldn't control the Cobra or my foot. I hate rice so much I about went postal at first. Atleast I didn't get any tickets and now I'm back in safer territory for my license. :burnout:

SmithAtlanta

Established Member
Are you now going to go to a "real event"? :) AKA Mustangs vs. the world this weekend in Commerce, GA. I think you definitely feel more at home and find more competition....

Users who are viewing this thread