Went to the dyno yesterday with new pulley

UltimateSVT

Steer with the Rear
Established Member
Are you running the o/r x-pipe or the catted one? I will be putting my Bassani mid-length headers in this weekend with a Bassani catted x-pipe and Bassani cat-back, Billetflow throttle body. Right now I have a 2.8" pulley, and a Densecharger. I was guessing that I'll get about 475 RWHP SAE from this set-up, your set-up helped me see that I might be right. Someone said that Bassani catted x-pipe comes with test pipes, I'll have to look in my box to see if I got those, I forgot to look last night. I'm going to run 5 gallons of 100 octane mixed with 10 gallons of 91 octane when I get my tune, should put me at 93.5 or 94 octane. Damn 91 octane sucks, I have to run a few degrees lower in fully advanced ignition timing than the lucky people that get 93 at the pump, but the 100 octane should solve that.

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
Steeda Strut tower brace

Steeda Strut tower brace
I didn't know Steeda had a Strut Tower Brace for our 03's.
Do you by chance have a Pic?

jim v.

fakesnake.com

Established Member
I am runing the x pipe with cats. My car was a test mule for Bassani so I don't know how the final version works with your cats.

I was thinking of doing the same thing with the octane for my next tune.

trey193

Established Member
Getting any slip with the 2.80 and gatorback?? I assume you are running the stock idler pulleys??

fakesnake.com

Established Member
I am runing just pulley and gatorback. I haven't noticed any belt slippage. I also don't know what belt slippage would feel like but haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary and or lack of boost.

TruBlu03

FYI, the Steeda brace is a 2 point brace, no conenction to the firewall. I think Kenny Brown has a 3 point STB for the 03's.

UltimateSVT

Steer with the Rear
Established Member
Originally posted by fakesnake.com
I am runing the x pipe with cats. My car was a test mule for Bassani so I don't know how the final version works with your cats.

I was thinking of doing the same thing with the octane for my next tune.
Ok, I guess we'll just have to see what I get then. The higher octane should help us both with torque and horsepower. CA gas is a joke. It really sucks when other parts of the country get to enjoy 93 octane for less than we pay for the poopy 91 octane. Thank God for Union 76 gas stations and whoever's brilliant idea to sell 100 octane there.
The Steeda strut tower brace was pretty easy to install. You just have to center the brace, drill three 3/8" holes in each strut tower, then jack up the car alittle and install the bolts, washers and nuts. I did look at the Kenny Brown strut tower brace, but decided to just go with the 2 point one, although the 3 point would be stiffer.

Users who are viewing this thread