Went to the dyno tonight...thoughts??

D-Rock

I got my swim trunks...
Established Member
I wanted to get a baseline before doing exhaust, pulley, and tune. All I have currently is JLT CAI and welded in Flows. Looking at a Magnaflow catback next. Anything look odd on the printout?This was on a Dyno Dynamics Dyno, which is similar (I'm told) to the Mustang Dyno, so I'm not sure how it may compare to the MD or Dyno jet.

20090530CobraDyno.gif

All I can say is "pig rich"...AFRs in the low 11s from 3-5k and 10s above 5k - which is not surprising. Air temp was at 85 with 73% humidity and we are at sea level (isn't all of FL?:p)

Last edited:

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
I wanted to get a baseline before doing exhaust, pulley, and tune. All I have currently is JLT CAI and welded in Flows. Looking at a Magnaflow catback next. Anything look odd on the printout?This was on a Dyno Dynamics Dyno, which is similar (I'm told) to the Mustang Dyno, so I'm not sure how it may compare to the MD or Dyno jet.

20090530CobraDyno.gif

All I can say is "pig rich"...AFRs in the low 11s from 3-5k and 10s above 5k - which is not surprising. Air temp was at 85 with 73% humidity and we are at sea level (isn't all of FL?:p)

it looks fine to me. It's really hard to say though, because it is a load based dyno like a Mustang Dyno, there are variables the dyno operator must enter that makes it have a lot more inconsistancies when trying to compare with other dyno's online. If you were going to do a dyno run for just comparisons online, I would have had it done on a dynojet. But as a tuning tool, load based dyno's are much better.

03sm3341

Established Member
hum seems low I did 425 with densecharger and a bassani catback with bassain catted X. but that was on a dyno jet

twhitey

Established Member
I would say thats normal. If your after numbers I would use a dynojet do a before and after

bigmoose

Established Member
hum seems low I did 425 with densecharger and a bassani catback with bassain catted X. but that was on a dyno jet

yeah, but you have a x-pipe and catback. just welding in flows does nothing for performance. when i put my catback on i was surprised to see how small the stock pipes were, especially at the bends. welding in flows and keeping the stock pipes just adds sound.

the #s look fine.

D-Rock

I got my swim trunks...
Established Member
Thanks for the replies. My biggest reason to dyno (besides getting "the number") was see what A/F looked like - I wanted to "trust, but verify".

The car came with the mufflers welded in and it looks like its a 2.5 I/O muffler with the 2.25 stock piping shoved in with a big thick filler bead.

I like the Magnaflow for the catback - aggressive tone without being mind numbing - I'm not that young anymore :rockon: and I am a topdown junkie.

Users who are viewing this thread