went to the carwash

logan_yomtov

Established Member
I went to the carwash yesterday. I've been going to this car wash for over 7 years and they've always been good. I drove my car up so they can vaccuum it, gave them the keys, and went inside to pay.
My buddy was watching my car go through the wash when he noticed my passenger window was completely down!:eek: it took the guys a couple minutes to notice but the stopped everything and rolled my window up, then continued washing my car. When it came out the otherside i checked it out, the passenger side had water all over it and soap everywhere! looked like something u'd see on tv. I spoke to the manager and he said he'd clean it up as best he could.
30min later, they're done, the interior looks like it never happened, except the seats and carpet were still damp. I drove it home and let it sit in the sun with the doors and windows open so it could dry out. today everything seemed fine, like it never happened.

has this ever happened to anyone else? i was scared at first cuz i thought my interior was gonna be completely flooded. as bad as it was, it wasn't nearly as bad as i imagined.

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
Thats why I wash my car by hand. Not only that, but to keep the paint in good shape.

90_red_lx

ASLOW50
Established Member
That happened all the time when I was a manager at a carwash. It sucked telling the customer that happened, but when you do cars all day, it happens. There's never been any harm done other than a wet interior, and we always went the extra mile to make sure it was as dry as possible before the customer got their car back in a incident like that.

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
Yeah, I wash my own car and always have. I dont trust other people with my keys, I dont see how you do, seeing as your car is like 10x nicer than mine.

Snowboarda42

PMS Damage Control Tech
Established Member
I can't imagine letting anyone else wash my car, let alone work on it. Unless its something i absolutely don't know how to do (rearends, trans rebuilds, alignments, tires) i do it myself.

And what the crap are you thinking taking your car to an AUTOMATIC car wash????

jfsram

Established Member
I sometimes take the daily drivers to the car wash in the winter time.

Everything else gets washed in the shade in my driveway. I'm cheap like that.

Shaneo0oMac

Established Member
the craziest thing ill do is use the self serve car wash stalls

woah im hardcore

anyways your lucky your buddy caught that otherwise you might have had one drowned snake

90_red_lx

ASLOW50
Established Member
I worked at a carwash for over a year, and 6 months or so I was a manager at the place. For a daily driver car or something you want cleaned but are not overly concerned about it, a carwash is alright. For your prized car (cobra, vette, stang, etc.) I highly reccomend washing your car by hand. Our carwash did offer handwashes, and done a pretty good job at them, but I could do better on my own. I didn't wash my car for a long time at the wash, and when I did I always handwashed it, never sent it through the tunnel. Brushes are bad, real bad.

logan_yomtov

Established Member
this place only does hand washes. Nothing touches the paint other than the water and soap thats sprayed on it, and the soft scrubbie gloves the workers wear to scrub the car, its the same sponge i use when i wash my car at home so i think its ok.
If i had more time i'd wash my car at home, but between work, and my 1yr old son, its hard.

SVT4ME

Established Member
Can't say I've ever had that happen. I always take my cars to the same place. You sound like me, found a great place and u always go there.

Users who are viewing this thread