Went to my local tunner won't go back

GRUSE

Established Member
There are not many tuners in my area.Figured I'd stop by and get a quote from a local guy,even though he was slammed pretty bad in the terminator forums.What a waste of time,wanted to get a baseline,turn off my pats and fix the CEL my O/R X pipe keeps setting off.Wouldn't do it even though I stated the car was track use only.Told me he would get some million dollar fine WTF.Guess I'll have to get a hand held and Email tune.Unless someone can recommend a tuner in the Buffalo Rochester area that can do what I need.

Stolen 98

Established Member
Some shops will only do work like that if you trailer the car to them with the license plates removed...They call it an Off-Road pipe after all.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Would not recommend Johnny Lightning for tunes on this car. Had a bad experience with him and will never go back. My Bama tune is better than Johnny Lightnings.

I would, I know plenty of people who have had success with his dyno tunes. I will be retuning my car in the coming weeks. :beer:

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
If we're talking about places in PA, I've also heard good things about DGR (used to be SGS).

DGR Performance - Specializing in GM and Ford Installs, Tuning, Fabrication, Conversions

I have yet to make it out there for a tune but I spoke to a guy on the phone who literally spent over 30 minutes schooling me on a lot of stuff and was really cool. It's hard to find someone who would spend 2 minutes with you on the phone these days let alone 30. Also they hosted a dyno day for MACA years ago that I attended and were very good hosts.

98KBcobra

SVT Poster
Established Member
Who'd you go to? There is a few places that will do that around here, or you can make the trip to Rochester.

GRUSE

Established Member
On the plus side at least he told you all that before he took your money.

That was the best thing to happen there :burnout:

Who'd you go to? There is a few places that will do that around here, or you can make the trip to Rochester.

He was on Niagara Falls Blvd. in NT.Who do you recommend in WNY or Rochester.

Thanks guys for the PA recommendations .
:beer:

98KBcobra

SVT Poster
Established Member
Go and see John at K&S auto in Tonawanda,he specializes in mustangs and won't give you any trouble about your mods or setting a base tune.

Shake&Bake

1998 Triple Black Cobra
Established Member
If we're talking about places in PA, I've also heard good things about DGR (used to be SGS).

DGR Performance - Specializing in GM and Ford Installs, Tuning, Fabrication, Conversions

I have yet to make it out there for a tune but I spoke to a guy on the phone who literally spent over 30 minutes schooling me on a lot of stuff and was really cool. It's hard to find someone who would spend 2 minutes with you on the phone these days let alone 30. Also they hosted a dyno day for MACA years ago that I attended and were very good hosts.

Spoke to Dave as well, real nice guy. I plan on taking my car to him for a custom tune.

Users who are viewing this thread