Went to Mason Dixon today...CAR RAN A 10.97!!

MYSTIC MAMA

Established Member
Ha ha but not with me driving it! We went to test and tune at Mason Dixon. The track was crazy busy, so I was too much of a scardy cat to run my own car, so yep, I let JR! He did an awesome job with the car and ran a 10.97 at 131.66. Now I just got to get out there and do it myself and quit being a scardy cat! Maybe I will just buy a bunch of Cobra's and hire a few drivers to run them for me! We had a great time and the weather couldn't have been better.
Ken and Russ, it was nice to see you both! :beer:

Here is the vid
th_MysticMamascarrunsa10.jpg

PICT0002-1.gif

PICT0011.jpg

My driver!
PICT0020.jpg

PICT0015.gif

Last edited:

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
Starting to sound like everyone got to the track today. It was perfect weather here in NOVA for cruising. I'm sure when the time is right you'll post some impressive times Mystic Mama! :beer:

Almo

Established Member
Congrats on the times! :rockon:

We all know if you would have been driving... you would have been 10.70s or so. :D Sorry JR... :thumbsup:

By the way, it was very nice speaking with you two this morning. :beer:

Venimus03

Established Member
Sweet, I just knew that car had a 10 in it.;-) . Was this on the drag radials or slicks? What was the 60'?

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
MYSTIC MAMA said:
Maybe I will just buy a bunch of Cobra's and hire a few drivers to run them for me!
I'm sure that's just what John Force said at some point. :lol1:
Can't wait to see your car, Denice.

Last edited:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Good stuff, Denice!! Now get some more seat time so we can get a picture of you with a huge grin from ear to ear after you run your first 10!!! :rockon:

MYSTIC MAMA

Established Member
Almo said:
Congrats on the times! :rockon:

We all know if you would have been driving... you would have been 10.70s or so. :D Sorry JR... :thumbsup:

By the way, it was very nice speaking with you two this morning. :beer:

Thanks Allen! I really wish the track rental wasn't cancelled, I would have ran my own car then. Next time!

Almo

Established Member
MYSTIC MAMA said:
On slicks that have just about had it. 1.67 60 ft.

This is the 4th 60' (1.67) today that led to a best.

Dave, you, myself, and Ben (a Blue Mach 1 owner also running at MD today)... 4 times, 4 best and all cutting a 1.67. Interesting!! :-D

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Her car ran good today. Never hicupped. Tune felt right on, thanks to Dave Guy. I'm surprised she let me drive it.lol.. Actually, this is the most I've ever been it, the drivers seat, anyways. She likes her seat her way, and pity to the person that moves it..haha

It's pullied for 18 lbs, 3.2 upper and 2lb lower. I looked down quick at the top end of the track and it was between 17 and 18, so I guess it's pretty close.

First pass was an 11.21 @ 125.41 with a 1.70 60 ft. We went out early and only had maybe 10-12 cars run before we staged. I spun hard through 3rd gear and got a little out of shape, but the 2nd pass was smoother. Only did 2 runs. I'll be ordering new slicks tomorrow. These were a bit more worn than I thought. All in all, It was a fun day.

Next is to have the 2-step set up in the tune. It'll help a lot on launches for a rusty stick guy..lol...Guess I was starting to get use to an auto..haha..

Denice will be back in the saddle at the next rental!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
Congrats Denice, errr JR, errr ummmm Denice?? Car is still a beast I see. Can't wait to see you all and the car again in person!!

Users who are viewing this thread