Went to fun ford weekend and also busted the 11s :D

04gtstang

Established Member
Yep busted the 11 second zone also (below thread) ....pretty easily I might add once I figured out how to launch with the TOTALLY new setup lol (turbos, spec stg 3 clutch, and 315 nitto DRs). Had great prep...as always with FFW, but my best time came when they handed the track back to Houston race way park. I ran about 6 times durring FFW and about 3 times after wards. It was about 80*s outside and ALOT of humidity. Probably 75%+...so it wasnt the best day by any means.

Anywho, VERY first run out of the gate resulted in a 12.3 @ 120MPH. (im #536)

Picture002-1.jpg

Im used to launching at NO MORE than 4000RPM and started @ 3500 today....BOG. I kept working my way up, and it helped, but before the FFW part was over I couldnt break out of the 12s.

Next run I decided to hit 5th gear. :nono: Killed the trap.

Picture004-1.jpg

So after that I stayed in 4th (crossing at 6000RPM :eek: ) and ran 3 or so more but all were around the 12.0 range @ 120. Time slip machine started screwing up, so 2 of my slips I didnt get any 1/4 mile data....but some friends I made, as well as my dad said they were 12.0s. And I accedentally made an 8PSI run lol...still trapped 119MPH, but thats one that 1/4 didnt show up...but it showed I ran a 8.03 @ 94.5 MPH in the 1/8 though.

Let the car cool off and waited for the FFW event to end. Lined up in the staging lanes waiting for the track to be ready to run at about 6PM and what pulls up next to me? Silver 2003-2004 cobra with saleen? rear wing...AWSOME looking car! . But no, not a stock one. I talked a while to the owner ( VERY cool guy..maybe a member here?) and it turns out it was a full bolton (LTs included), pullied and ported cobra! 2.8 pulley with a 2# lower and making 493RWHP. :thumbsup: He was also running BFG DRs, but couldnt get them to hook with his new clutch and after porting the blower.

So we line up and I FINALLY get a good 60' by launching @ 4500RPMs. 1.84 60' and pull him right right awayout of the whole. Ran down the track and the whole time I was pulling away....slowly, but still definatly pulling lol. He had trouble right near the end though(3rd-2nd gear :eek: ) . Anywho, I ran an 11.79 @ 122...dont know his. (doesnt show opponents time) . But he told me its been running low 12s (spinning of the line) @ 118ish. I watched him run 2 more times I think and same thing, spins some off the line and goes 12.0-.3 @ 116-118MPH. He said before with the stock clutch and non ported blower, he was pulling 1.6 60s and running 11.7s! But definatly a VERY NICE freegin car and fast as heck! Good luck man and I know you will crack the 11s again soon!

Anyways, I hot lapped it and spun (maybe I bogged? lol) to a 12.0 @ 120....then hot lapped again for my final run. Had to wait in line for the last one for about 15 minutes...idling the whole time. And ran this launching @ 4800RPM. :banana:

Picture001-1.jpg

All in all im VERY VERY happy! Especially driving the car up there 150 miles, on my DD nittos...full tank of gas, FULL weight + tool box, drive shaft loop my dad bought, and a UPR shifter my dad also bought setting in the trunk. I weighed it up there on the digital scales and with me in it (im light...130) it jumped between 3595-3600 for my race weight so its not exactly as light as I thought :shrug:

My trap is also being hurt because im out of gear...normally you want to trap around your shift point. But my car has valve float past 5800RPM and just before the end of the traps I could feel my car just nose over @ right around 6000RPM. It would go 124+ if I had just a little more gear and no doubt if I had a cool down before hand.

Sorry for the long read...but I just had so much fun :D . But unfortunatly I didnt see any local mustang club members up there :( . Maybe next year :) . And please let me know if any of you were up there! Had a few KB cobras, one turbo cobra going high 10s @ 140+, and one auto cobra that was atleast pullied (2.76) and was gutted.... white W/ slicks. Running 11.0s @ 122-123. Not many more...just a few after the event running 12s @ 111-115ish.

Last edited:

afro

Why?
Established Member
Great job, 11s are hard to break. That 11.7 finally matched your trap speed ;)

crystal_SVT

Established Member
afro said:
Great job, 11s are hard to break. That 11.7 finally matched your trap speed ;)

still doesnt really match the trap speed.. 122 is good for LOW 11's high 10's with better traction. i went 11.9 at 114 so that car has way more ET left in it but great job none the less! :beer:

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Nice improvement. I bet if you switched to a 15" wheel and a 28" tire It'll run high 10's. Traction is everything and you're probably getting about all you're gonna get out of nittos. The best I ever got out of mine was a 1.70 and that was rare. That's a very good time for a full weight street car. Congrats.

04gtstang

Established Member
Thanks :) I definatly had fun...it was a blast sailing down the 1/4 mile track again. Its been a year since iv went...last time I ran it, it was all motor and durring this same FFW event. Took a few passes to get my shifting skillz back lol.
And yea some 15s with 28s has definatly crossed my mind :D . That would do the trick, but my axles are stock and dont know if they would take it :( I was happy to make it out of FFW without breaking the rearend lol...or anything else for that matter. Car has always been VERY reliable and has never left me high and dry. :)

shoaf85

Established Member
Yeah if you get that 60' down to some low .60's then you'll be well on your way to a mid-low 11. Nice times man!:thumbsup:

procs2v

Established Member
Damn, that nice. My 2v would go 1.63, 7.60 all day long on spray but could only go 12.10's@110-112mph. Also thats a good back half.

jtkz13

Established Member
On ET Streets I ran 11.8 @ 120 bogging the hell out of it, so you def are leaving at least 5 tenths on the table by using the Nitto's.

Nice runs :)

Users who are viewing this thread