Went through a puddle and stalled.....what to do

NOVA98Cobra

Street Defiers
Established Member
Its happen to me a few times with my JLT cold air. It sits right behind the fog light and sucks in a lot of water sometimes. Mine even got so bad driving down a flooded road that it threw a code and almost hydro locked the motor. I don't have a supercharger so I don't know how it might affect that but your motor will be fine. It will run like shit for a while then it will all be out. Even water combusts it just takes awhile to get out of the motor and the pipes. I drove mine three hours straight to burn it all out then it was fine.

crazycarlo

Established Member
Whatever u do don't try to start it anymore!!!! That's how I locked my old motor up when I had the blower. Take the plusg out, drain the oil. Take the inlet pipe off the blower and look inside the headunit. Check for water there and in the pipes. If u have to take the upper intake off. I sucked a lot of water into my old motor.

Toasty

Established Member
oh man thanks for the reassurance, I am going to pull the plugs and turn it over to get the water out. I was worried that under low boost it threw water water all throughout the intake manifold and cylinders. I tried to start it and it blew out some white smoke which i awesome is the water burning off then i didnt try it again I don't want to bend any valves or rods.

Clean your air filter asap. It wouldnt hurt to clean your MAF as well.

Users who are viewing this thread